Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
For those who may be a bit scared of the costs involved when using their phones abroad.

http://ec.europa.eu/information_society ... #new_rules
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeap, My Europe Extra always used to be 25p/min for outgoing calls and free incoming calls for £10/month.

As previously mentioned, O2's rates are already within the new guidelines, except perhaps the text cost. This was and is still taken out of inclusive allowances at a rate of 4 to 1, the only change now is that texts will cost 11p after you've finished your allowance (it used to be something like 25p if I remember correctly).
Message 11 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Yeap, My Europe Extra always used to be 25p/min for outgoing calls and free incoming calls for £10/month.
As previously mentioned, O2's rates are already within the new guidelines, except perhaps the text cost. This was and is still taken out of inclusive allowances at a rate of 4 to 1, the only change now is that texts will cost 11p after you've finished your allowance (it used to be something like 25p if I remember correctly).

Correct on all counts DonDino2.
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct on all counts DonDino2.

So basically anyone on MyEuropeExtra is now paying the same amount per month but getting less of a discount (in effect). Fun times.
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting... according to my tariff, it is cheaper to send a text when I am roaming in Europe (11p / text) than when I am at home in the UK (11.7p / text).

A bit silly. And hardly unexpected, knowing O2.
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
whats bobbins is the con about data roaming -

so its still £3 per mb. the legislation says that each network cant charge more than $1 for each mb but thats wholesale - basically o2 can charge me what they like as long as then dont pay more that $1 for me to use that network!

what a jib
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
" So basically anyone on MyEuropeExtra is now paying the same amount per month but getting less of a discount (in effect). Fun times"

Sorry I think this is wrong under the new roaming rates calls are 35p but on my europe they are 25p therefore a saving of 10p, to get incuming calls under the new roaming they are 18p, under my europe they are free, so I read this as you can still save if you pay the £10 a month, but again it would depend on how many calls you make etc.

I do agree with the data roaming its still a rip of and I expected 02 to of done better in this, three now £1.25 a MB, Vodafone 25Mb for £5 per 24 hr period event thats better than the o2 charge of £2.94 per MB
Message 16 of 16