cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a handset - how much to insure for delivery?

Eva121
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have to return my handset to O2 as was better to purchase in a store alone but im just worried how much i should pay to get it sent back?  It looks like it will be £8.60 for £500 handset.  Does that sound correct or should i be paying less?

Thx

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Eva121 I have no idea of the cost of return, It depends on the weight of the item etc. You need to send it either registered or recorded delivery so you can track it's return/....

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Please check the above link. It tells you what you need to know about returns under the change of mind policy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 should send you a pre paid label for the parcel.
Call and ask them for one.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Eva121
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you both, they have said i dont need to insure it as the jiffy bag will cover it.  Im just trying to cover any eventualities!

Message 4 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Eva121 have you already got the jiffy bag or has it yet to come.? Are you posting it back or will there be a courier to collect it?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 10

Eva121
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I called o2 on Thursday and they said they would send the Jiffy bag.  On the live chat, they said no need to insure it so I assume postage is all paid for.  I will see whether I can get it signed for.  I’m hopeless with new phones and don’t want to go ahead with my new phone without the return being guaranteed received 

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You may wish to insure it for your own piece of mind but at the very least send it signed for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Eva121wrote:

Hi, 

I called o2 on Thursday and they said they would send the Jiffy bag.  On the live chat, they said no need to insure it so I assume postage is all paid for.  I will see whether I can get it signed for.  I’m hopeless with new phones and don’t want to go ahead with my new phone without the return being guaranteed received 

I did say in my first post to send it either registered or recorded delivery for your own peace of mind.

I certainly would. You will be able to track it's return and that it's been signed for. It's an expensive piece of kit to 'go missing' @Eva121

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
But at least you got the postage paid by O2 as per my suggestion @Eva121 wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
But at least you got the postage paid by O2 as per my suggestion @Eva121 wink

weary

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 10