Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolver and Spam

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

I keep noticing a lot of people pushing people to make complaints using Resolver. 

But thought I would share and it maybe worth pointing out to people that Resolver will spam them, even when they have ticked the box for no marketing (taking a leaf out of o2's book of old).. point 

This is over 3 weeks from them about PPI that I used Resolver for in 2018 and 2019, and seems to come through 1 or 2 a week, and point to a 3rd party vendor..  in the past month or so...

madasaf1sh_0-1700514870603.png

I have already made a complaint to the ICO, as it is a breach of the regulations...

I used to recommend them but now cant following the constant spamming..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

The way of the world these days

Despicable by Resolver

When advising people to make complaints, which seems to be coming more prevalent on here, we need to also ensure it's a last resort. Once an issue is the subject of a complaint no further assistance can be offered by customer service until the complaint has been dealt with.

Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

Totally agree, we should be trying to help people, and not just posting them directly to complaints, as at that point o2 have upto 8 weeks to reply  slight_smile

Just logged in to Resolver, and its full of adverts, I know they have to make money,  but it never used to have ad's all over the shop and not even in English 😞 

madasaf1sh_0-1700515972371.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Problem is with some people having to post on every thread and if there's nothing worth saying, the complaints route is the default.

We have always been asked to help first, direct to SM if it's not something we can support with and complaints as a last resort.

With the number of suggestions to go to complaints recently it would take O2 8 months to respond, let alone 8 weeks.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Problem is with some people having to post on every thread and if there's nothing worth saying, the complaints route is the default.

We have always been asked to help first, direct to SM if it's not something we can support with and complaints as a last resort.

With the number of suggestions to go to complaints recently it would take O2 8 months to respond, let alone 8 weeks.

And therein lies the problem

We were directed around 12-18 months ago to stop pointing customers to the complaints route

Seems to be a default habit now

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

Some things will never change.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6