cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed my O2 contract............

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. I'm a new addition to the forum, just wanted someone elses opinion really. I'm at the end of my contract within the next 2 weeks. Ive been a loyal customer of o2's since the old bt cellnet days. As im in the retail sector and deal with "customers" every day I get bombarded with "is that your best price/can you do me a deal....."

Anyway, I tried this with 02. Admittedly I haven't rung cancelations to get the last chance offer......I briefly toyed with going to EE, but last night renewed with O2 for another 24 months on the refresh contract. So........and just putting it out there.......have I done the right thing ??!! Apart from the odd 1 bar of signal and occasionally very s l o w 3G, ive never had any problems so why leave
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I would imagine that all networks do to varying degree. All depends on the number of people using any one mast at one given time and how much data is being downloaded.

Message 11 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Homer Simpson moment.............hmmmmmm 50meg 4g 😝!

Lol. 

Im lucky as it's pretty much constant. 

Message 12 of 20

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I think most of the masts are suffering from congestion.  In the area where I am from Vodafone is hardly working now because the masts have major congestion.  I live on an island and hardly much priority for 3G upgrades, so my chances of 4G are very limited for a looong time 😞

Samsung S8
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
A quick update- pardon the pun. Having slight regret today. Down loaded the my network app. The mast nearest to my work is struggling - when I open the app it can't do anything do to no data access.......I knew that do to been unable to send emails which is very important to my day to day work. Anyway, got the app working at 2pm and recorded a download of 128kbs, upload was non. A collegue was sat next to me, and using EE Downloaded 3 apps and 2 music videos. The strange thing is all day my phone has the 3G symbol . Ive tried live chat.......no reply. Think that O2 are on the verge of loosing a very loyal customer. I appreciate the mast is struggling with demand........but I can't help but think the other networks can cope with the demand where as O2 are lagging behind
Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
If I decide to call it a day is it a condition that the new phone must still be sealed does anyone know ? Just incase 😒
Message 15 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Nope you're allowed to break the seal on the box and boot up the phone and can still return it.
Message 16 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd rather stay as never really had problems, but I can't believe in this day and age that I can be charged for 3G when they aren't delivering the product I pay for....especially as a competitor network clearly don't have any issues. I can't get a reply on live chat. Strange after 10 years plus of great service that within in the space of 3 days it may push me to another network
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
It would be sad to see a person leave but at the end of the day it makes reasonable sense to use a Network that gives stable signal.
Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
There is no point in staying if you don't get a service.
Just go with the network that gives you the signal you need.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There is no point in staying if you don't get a service.
Just go with the network that gives you the signal you need.

Couldn't agree more, go with the best coverage. A phone is no use if you're stuck in a contract and can't do what the phone is designed to.

Message 20 of 20