Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds?

Swarbrick97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought a smartwatch and wasn't how I expected so I returned it the next day. I was told the refund will take 3-5 working days, but I've seen that some refunds take up to 14 days. Is this only the case for refunds on accounts and contracts? Because I bought this as a one off purchase and need the money back in my account within 5 days?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you returned the watch via Royal Mail, you need to wait until the watch has been scanned back into stock. Then the refund needs to be processed in which case you are unlikely to get your money back within 5 days.

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Swarbrick97

It should be 3-5 days, though often is longer than that.

You could ring customer services and explain it's urgent for your financial situation and that may hurry things up a little https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Anything from a week to a month with O2.
If I were you, I'd chase them daily for my money back.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Swarbrick97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I took the watch back to the same story I bought it from one day after purchasing and was told 3-5 working days. Thank you for your help 😊 I will chase them.👍
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's good then and hopefully they will refund you in the timescale they quoted. Good luck grin

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Swarbrick97 wrote:
I took the watch back to the same story I bought it from one day after purchasing and was told 3-5 working days. Thank you for your help 😊 I will chase them.👍

Good for you @Swarbrick97 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7