Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of deposit

Christriker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
When I took out my contract I paid a 200 pound deposit and was told this would be refunded into my bank account , a few weeks back it has appeared as credit on my 02 account I phoned and spoke to someone on the first of December and he guaranteed it would be refunded within 5-10 days as you can guess this has not happened. O2 in my view are not in the best place to be alienating customers right now and I for one won't be taken for a mug. I simply will not pay them any more money and I will sell the device pop down to EE and buy a new one !
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Christriker

Please ensure you cancel correctly as to avoid any fees.

Your device plan needs to be paid up and you need to give 30 days notice on the airtime.

Do not cancel any direct debits until the final bill has been paid.

PS, it takes 2 weeks to get any money out of O2 at least.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Christriker, and welcome to the forum Wave How are you getting on with this? If you need some help with your deposit, I'd gladly get someone to look into with you so give me a shout!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

Christriker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried to resolve this I am now on my second attempt at being told it will be refunded in 5 days with different excuses on both occasions , you have no intention of refunding my deposit but it's very simple for me I just physically will never pay another penny to the account and go with another provider. It's not for you to decide what to do with the deposit I paid it in good faith I'm all about trust and loyalty and O2 has shown me they have neither !!
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm sorry to hear this is still not resolved, @Christriker! I'll send you a Private message ont he forum now to get a few more details so I can get someone on my end to look into this for you slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5