Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent trip to France

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Now I go to France a lot as we have a place there. Over the last few weeks I had reason to visit the Vendee(great weather and very very hot so got a great tan) 

I was near the coast in a village called Angles which is great, it even has a 12th century plantagenant church for all you history buffs.

Now to the point of this post----- I was pleased to see 4G on my phone using Boygues so imagine my frustration when nothing happened when I tried to log into a website and I mean nothing!!

So after several failed attempts I did a speed test and the download speed was an eye wateringly fast 0.02 Meg per second!! and I kid you not.

So what did I do to overcome this obstacle? put my phone onto 3G only and got great speeds as 3G was so quiet with evereyone being on 4G it was great. 

So, tip for everyone, if you are in France and get rubbish 4G speeds force your device onto 3G and enjoy eyeball shredding 3g speeds.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Same advice for any country too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's something a few of us have advised before but it's always useful information for anyone browsing the boards.

Message 3 of 5

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Same advise for UK

im afraid 4G is now saturated and is struggling due to the demand and increase in Data useage.

Every country is the same, if there are only small chunks of 4G and a lot of users, it’s crawls to a snail pace or even stops.

imagine 100 gallons of water going through a tiny pin hole.  Ain’t going to be fast 😒

i was recently at Notting Arena.  Couldn’t use 4G on EE Or O2.  Zilch. Network data fails to load.

swap both to 3G and oh hello, we are back up and running.  I didn’t tell the other 10,000 people sitting waiting for their phones to work.  I wanted the 3G network all to me lol😂

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

TBH I never ever struggled with 3G in Spain. Not been back since it has 4G but one or the other works for me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5