Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent offer of compensation

PGTips1973
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can I just say that the recent offer of 2 days data usage charges being credited to my account for the other days fiasco is both derisory and insulting! Given the fact that you are suing another company for hundreds of millions of pounds I feel that you should be doing more for your customers? The inconvenience you caused me personally on that day was far greater than the cost of two days data! You have a responsibility to provide the service that you claim significant financial gains for and on this occasion you have failed spectacularly! While you feel the need to blame a third party at the end of the day you are charging customers for a service that you are providing. If you use a third party to achieve this end result that is not my or any other customers concern! Our contract is with you and not anyone else! Having been a customer since your inception I find it incredible that this has happened again? I also find it incredible that you feel the need to blame another company and try to fob off your own companies incompetence for not ensuring the correct protocols were in place. I can honestly say that unless you are prepared to offer your customers including myself significantly more in terms of compensation for the amount of inconvenience suffered the other day I will be cancelling my account and moving elsewhere!! I would imagine that if a loyal customer of over 20 years is saying this the amount of customers you are going to lose will be substantial given the fickle nature of your younger customers. Hopefully you will rethink what you have offered and give more consideration to your customers who have had to endure this inconvenience!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

How to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 won’t care if you move. There will always be somebody ready to take your place 

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whilst everyone was inconvenienced one way or another, it's unlikely that there will be any other offers on the table. Make a complaint and see if they offer you anything else. Obviously they can't go carte-blanche with loads of compensation but may well look at individual circumstances. how to make a complaint.

Put it in writing ad if they offer what you consider derisory compensation, you may well need this also ::

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I suffered that day too.. reading hundreds of threats, demands, personal insults and not forgetting the unfathomable twaddle..

I wonder if o2 will compensate me? Where do I sign up?
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@PGTips1973 Firstly, this isn't O2. This is a customer community and O2 won't even see the diatribe you've written. Secondly, if you cancel your contract, you are still liable for the remainder of it, whether you've been a customer of 20 years or you signed up last week. The Terms & Conditions you agreed to state that the service isn't perfect and outages can sometimes occur.
When you find a network that guarantees 100% up time, please let us all know and we'll all join you on it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good morning @PGTips1973

Firstly, let me say that I agree with everything the above community members have said.

Secondly, don't believe everything you read in the press. None of us actually know how much O2 are suing Ericsson for; it's easy to bandy all sorts of figures about. Doesn't mean to say they're true.

Furthermore all of us in this community are customers and were inconvenienced to a greater or lesser extent too. Not to mention having to endure unbelievable abuse from fellow customers which they certainly didn't deserve, considering they were only trying to provide as much information/help as they could. But none of us are jumping up and down complaining and demanding huge sums of compensation, which O2 are not legally bound to provide. In fact, they are under no obligation to provide any compensation. 

Finally O2 are not just blaming a third party. That third party, Ericsson, freely admitted they were at fault. So it's not just some wild claim O2 are making. And it's not O2's job to ensure that a company the size of Ericsson, who didn't just start doing business last week, are doing their job. That's what O2 pays them for and they slipped up. It happens, humans work in companies not robots. And humans make mistakes, occasionally costly ones. Bear in mind it wasn't just O2 affected but companies worldwide, who no doubt have inconvenienced customers too.

So, if you want to leave that is entirely your decision but as @Bambino has said, if you find a network that personally guarantees to provide 100% up time then please let us know. And we will be right behind you.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7 of 8

DanielPA
  • 52 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reporting issues with the network. We have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one please. Please use this thread for updates and to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Message 8 of 8