Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent international roaming experience

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I’ve just returned from a week in Thailand and because I still can’t unlock my iPhone 8 - otherwise I’d have used a local sim - I decided to try the 4.99 a day thing. Oh. My. God.

Whilst they’ve addressed the 3G service in the Eu and given us whoopety whoo 1 country with 4G the international roaming was diabolical.

The good things

Cost: slightly cheaper than Vodafone
You could text

The bad things
Speed, again D/S of about 1.5
Coverage
Took ages to load pages and maps

Luckily Thailand does have reasonably good WiFi in most places you go to I just wanted to have a bit more flexibility when being out and about. Needless to say my other half is on Vodafone and got 4g and consistently good speeds.

If they insist in offering such dreadful international roaming they should allow us to unlock our phones to give us the freedom abroad to choose our own networks and connection

Rant over and out for now..
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I know @jonsie tried it in Thailand too and found it equally rubbish!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
I know @jonsie tried it in Thailand too and found it equally rubbish!

He also uses a local sim on onephone of his phones. Much much cheaper than here....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi, welcome back @iphone4sir. slight_smile Thanks for posting about your roaming experience! Sorry to hear that you weren't happy with the download speed though. 😞 We'll make sure to pass on your feedback.

Message 4 of 4