Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETURN

Badejo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I preorder a Galaxy Z fold 5 the day it was it was announced. 

Few days for the device to be delivered I called 02 telling them I'm no longer interested but I was told I need to wait for it to be delivered, as it has already been shipped .

I got the delivery of the device the next day and I call 02 that same day asking them how do I return the device, I will send a return label via my email instructing me to print it out and go send it at the post office, I was rushing that day due to my baby crying and I was destabilised I didn't collect the proof of postage

I've been calling 02 since, even till date I was being told they haven't gotten the device now my contract has already started and £100 is being  removed from my account.

I'm not happy at all as I can't keep paying for something I don't even have with me, I need to know if there's anybody out there that can help me at all.

I've gone back to the post office and I was told there's nothing they can do about it that's already been sent.

I have a full insurance cover that covers theft and lost of the certain device I need to know if it's possible for me to claim the device was lost and I can get a new one back as I can't keep paying for something I don't even have with me.

If there's anybody that can help me out here pls 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10295 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@Badejo 

If you cant prove it has been delivered and o2 have said they haven't got the device, you are in limbo, the best thing to do is contact customer services.. 

Unfortunately you need to contact Royal Mail and put in a claim through them, but you will need the tracking reference number, and hopefully you have full cover at the maximum end of their insurances.. 

Your insurance company may not pay out, as it has been lost through a 3rd Party, but give them a call, and see what they say.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

Badejo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I put a claim through royal mail as I did not have a reference number or tracking number.

My insurance cover is with o2, I include that in the plan when I was ordering the phone.

I've also talk to o2 customer service and all dy keep saying is , it hasn't showed as returned on there system.

I just can't keep paying for a device I don't even have with me, £100 was removed from my account today for the contract payment 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Badejo 

You will have the tracking reference number on the email you received from O2.

It will be on the postage label.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

Badejo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The label that was sent through my email was an o2 return centre address in Norwich

With a royal mail logo and the licence number.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145120 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

It will also have a tracking number on it @Badejo 

Royal-Mail-Tracked-Returns-Address-Label-Specification-June-2015.pdf (royalmail.com)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 7

Badejo
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Screenshot_20230824_185427_Word.jpg

 That is what I was sent 

Message 7 of 7