cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the legitimacy of emails I have recieved.

ryjames
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have just taken out an o2 contract. I was pretty confident while doing this. I would like to say I am okay when it comes to recognising fraudelent websites and emails. But at the moment I'm not sure. When taking out the contract and filling in my billing information and credit information, I made sure to check that the website was legit o2. I checked that the connection was secure and that it had a valid certificate. I felt confident, and so proceeded. After filling this out, I had a few emails saying my order had been recieved. This email was from noreply@o2mail.co.uk. I googled the email and read about how this email was not a legitimate o2 email. This is where I began to feel like I had made a serious mistake. I then, shortly after, recieved emails from o2shop@o2mail.co.uk saying that the phone is not in stock. I have already had the upfront fee taken from what seems to be a genuine o2 bank account, but I'm not sure. Any questions, just ask. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@ryjames

o2mail.co.uk is the email domain that all emails come from at o2 and is legitimate.

On my last upgrade, i had them from shop@o2mail.co.uk, refresh@o2mail.co.uk and noreply@o2mail.co.uk
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@ryjames O2's little parlour trick is to not operate a live stock reporting system. When you take out a contract, they're happy to take your money, then inform you that the phone you want isn't in stock, forcing you to either wait for them to get the stock, during which time they earn interest on your money, or cancel the order, which you probably don't want to do. They've been operating like this for years and years.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Raphaella
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi! Was your order real? Because I’m having the same problem and I just saw your question.

many thanks 

Message 4 of 4