Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of 5G service

Believe82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just been given a work account in EE and I was surprised with how it is 5 times faster than my O2 5G.
For purpose of testing I did speed tests on the same phone in two different locations (both indoor testing):
Bekton 

EE - 100mb

O2 - 20mb

Liverpool street station

EE - 90mb

O2 - 15mb

I looked at the network coverage and it says that O2 is fine indoors and outdoors in the city but bad coverage indoors in Bekton.

I wonder if this is a common experience with everyone 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124030 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7503 Solutions

@Believe82 

There is no definitive answer to that as people would need to share your postcode and have the same make of phone etc for any test to give true results.

For instance, the fastest network for me is O2. I have tested EE and found it slower.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7035 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

Depends where you are. I've had between 65mbs and 121mbs with O2.

5G in Liverpool.  5G in the UK is None Stand Alone and still requires 4G for some things. 

Just to say O2 4G lacks bandwidth in some places

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10488 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3081 Solutions

All depends where you are.. 

I have had  had >300Mbps on o2 and >500Mbps on Spusu, (Sheffield and Leeds) and in other places 10Mbps on both.. in London..

London is a bit of a minefield to be honest, and BT utilise a lot of there existing infrastructre, where as others have to build out from scratch.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4