Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase 2023

AndreaC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Don't know about anyone else but I won't be upgrading as not only have the prices been hiked (usury) btw after a 20% increase last year, now 17% this year, which I find disgusting in a cost of living crisis but when you look to upgrade they have hiked the package even further.  I'll be seeing out my contract and moving to alternative network after being a longtime loyal customer. Anyone else seen these types of increases?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions

Not sure where you got the 20% increase figure from for last year, Apr-2022 - the increase in my bill last year was less than half what it will be this year.

All telecom and many broadband companies levy this RPI charge, which depends on the general cost of living figure released by the government every February. Inflation this year has pushed it very high, sadly.

Upgrade to SIMO on a 12month term in April, that way you will always be able to get a deal that hopefully minimises the RPI increase - and check your bills for Apr-2022, the increase was of the order of 7%, not including O2's 3.9% minimum, if my rough maths are correct, @AndreaC. The screenshot show's April-2022 RPI increase for O2, for ref:

Screenshot_20230305-101803.png

You may find this guide helpful if you plan to leave O2: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

And if you fancy going PAYG, then you are relatively unaffected by the annual RPI change.

Also independent tips from 2021 here if you need them: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2021/03/o2-inflation-busting-price-hike-new-renewing-deal/

Good luck! 

[edited for screenshot and historical RPI]

Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10443 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3058 Solutions

To be honest @AndreaC  you are talking rubbish, as pointed out..

Yep, Tesco are the same as o2, EE, Voda and 3 14.4% 

You cant avoid them really, unless you use a niche MVNO such as Honest Mobile, who haven't increased prices.. but are sim only..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12235 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1136 Solutions

Had a letter from Virgin about our TV/BB package.

Be pleased with the %age increase as the home stuff is going up by £15!!!

Edited to add: And we are not on the full monty package either!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37112 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1687 Solutions

As well as ours going up by £7, the back of the same letter revealed the wind-down of 'out of home WiFi', @gmarkj - double whammy for those working in Costa for an afternoon 😁

PXL_20230305_174920491.jpg

Message 5 of 5