cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prefix for showing caller ID?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have a friend who, for business reasons, has to keep her caller ID sending switched off, i.e. whenever she calls me I see 'anonymous' on my screen.

I am looking for the prefix code that can be used so that her calls to me come with a caller ID and I can see she's calling. I know prefix 141 is for suppressing caller ID when you normally send it, so I'm looking for the opposite, a code for sending caller ID when you normally suppress it.

A little search on the net came up with prefix code 1470, however I tried it from my mobile as a test and it didn't work. I phoned a landline and another mobile, and they both saw 'anonymous' even though I prefixed the calls with 1470.

Is there a special prefix for O2 mobiles that can achieve this?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try the following:

*31#
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your friend has her caller ID switched off, there's nothing you can do to circumnavigate it.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
@plymouthbloke:
Thanks, it worked!! grin

@howard_hopkinson:
I'm not trying to circumvent it myself, I am trying to find the code (and plymouthbloke's answer is it) to give to *her* so that she can dial it in front of my number every time so I can see it's her.
Message 4 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
That's amazing, I wonder if it would work on other networks?
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does. Trust me. It's a GSM protocol.

#31# does the same as 141.

... and *#31# tells you if your CLI is set as "Shown" or "withheld"

wink
Message 6 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Thank you. slight_smile
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only problem with putting *31# in front of the number is in the phonebook when that person calls you it doesn't display the persons name just the number.
it unblocks fine though

Mark
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only problem with putting *31# in front of the number is in the phonebook when that person calls you it doesn't display the persons name just the number.
it unblocks fine though
Mark

The answer to that is to have two contacts one for calling out and one just for the incoming call.
Message 9 of 9