cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-ordering Iphone 6s

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I have read a few posts here and have seen the issues many of you faced when pre-ordering your iphones through o2. In your opinion is is better to pre-order via o2 website/o2 refresh or in store?

I have heard many ppl say that store orders are not fulfilled straight away and are exposed to limited stock compared to online ordering.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We would never recommend any other way than in store tbh.
O2's online ordering system leaves a lot to be desired.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

In store.

My only online order this year was a little bit of unneeded stress.

For handsets I always go in store now, get to check over the item before leaving in case of dead pixels or other issues.

Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stock will be limited everywhere wether its o2, CPW, voda etc, your best bet at this stage as their is still no official release date is to call o2 customer service and they will be able to go throu it all with you, if you go in store they will just shrug their shoulders... i remember when the 5s was released I was with EE at the time and they told me they only get 24hrs notice as to when the latest was to be released... Call customer services and they will help you a lot more then a store. failing that go to your local apple store and they should be able to help you with release date... slight_smile

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The reason that online ordering looks good is because O2 don't operate a live ordering system. You can order without problem.... often to find the phone you want is actually out of stock....and so begins the long wait. It's sad really because if they had a better ordering system there would be many more happy customers.

Honestly better to go instore and chose the phone you want and walk out with it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will most likely get one if you wait in the queue at your local Apple or O2 store rather than ordering online 

Message 6 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Certainly on the last iPhone release date and the 100's (1000's?) of posts we saw on here... the online system was poor. Some people who ordered their phone first... were the last to get it....

No reason given...it just happened.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
In fact, some were waiting that long, O2 owed them the full 47 quid delay bonus, but only ever got their phones if they cancelled the order, then reset ordered.
Came next day.
Message 8 of 24

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Ok. Not sure what's gone of?  But. I will give my own experiences of what I've had.

queued for my iPhone 4S from O2 shop in a mall. I was first in the queue at 3.30am but when other people joined me the atmosphere was amazing.  O2 bought us free breakfast and drinks.  Lots of people came chatting to us like cleaners and it was a great experience.  Got the phone no issues.

iphone 5 I ordered from apple.

iphone 5S I ordered on release date direct from O2 online.  System was slow, but it worked and got the phone.  I had chosen a week later for delivery and a guy from O2 rang me to check that is what I had chosen. We had a chat and a laugh as I was boarding a plane to Spain. But the delivery came when it should and service was great.

iphone 6 was ordered from apple. However if I rem correctly, there was no queue to collect your iPhone 6 or 6+ from O2 on release as you walked in, ordered it and then it was delivered to the store if memory corrects me?

I know ordering line was slow from o2,  but one of the guys at worked ordered it and it turned up on the launch date I think.

hope the above helps

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

So many people had very different experiences... from what we saw on here and other forums.

Definitely the majority (who posted) were complaining more about the online ordering. Many who pre-ordered the iPhone 6....did not get their phones on release date

All networks claimed that they had not been given enough stock and suggestions were made that Apple may have deliberately reduced the number of phones supplied to make it more of a must have device.

I think we all realise that people come on here to complain....if they have a positive experience, we don't get to hear about that...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24