cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postcode checker manual override required

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to top up a new Pay and Go SIM we have got for an employee. As I want to regulate use I do not want automatic top ups, not do I want to do it over the phone.

Unfortunately our billing address, which we have used long before postcode checkers came out, is very slightly different to the post code checker.

Most sites have a manual override, but not 02. So I cannot give the correct billing address and the payment then gets rejected.

So now I can't top up my employees SIM which means I will use another provider, lock stock and 2 smoking barrels. 02 lose our mobile contracts as well..... idiots. That's a lot of money down the pan in one go.

Ah well. Easy come, easy go.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Isn't this something you need to take up with the post office? O2 isn't responsible for issuing post codes.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have you looked at the various ways to pay and top up....? Just scroll down to payg...

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/m-p/874982

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Maybe @Toby can help?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 18

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm Toby, the community manager, welcome!

What customer service said to you when you have called them to see if the can help? This will help myself and the team investigate further.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Presumably you have a postcode and it's included in your billing address correctly? 

However, there are big problems with o2's new improved systems....

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only did online chat - it will only cost me time and money to talk to Customer Services to get the answer I already know.

Quite simply I need to do the web top up. I either cannot, or do not want to, use other methods.

We have a proper post code. The problem is that the address we were originally given when moving to the premises over 10 years ago is slightly different than the one that is now linked to the post code.

So if I do a post code check I get somethign like this:

Unit 1
Some Farm

But the address at our bank is like this:

1 Some Farm

Subtle, but distinct enough to throw an error.

Most sites have a method of letting you override the post code retrieved address manually (my guess is that there must be a lot more situations like this) but clearly 02 thought they knew best and that the post code database was 100% accurate

Yes, eventually we may change the address at the bank, but that is major hoop jumping, and the times it is an issue is only whe you get badly coded websites like 02.

Message 7 of 18

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Please see my other answer in the thread about payments where you posted previously. No one can blame you for moving your business elsewhere and it's down to O2 to change their systems, not to us as customers to accept their own limitations. 

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a laugh I tried the phone top up. Fails as well.

Useless. 02 get your act together.

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hahahahaha......

Have modified my address so that it matches the system (thought I ought to try and make life easier elsewhere) though the card provider said it shouldn't be that sensitive and should have passed.

Still no joy, and only ONE of my several attempts to pay yesterday were registered at the card provider.

Card provider reset their system to ensure the new address was there. STILL no joy and declined AGAIN.

And then I try once more and get :

www.o2.co.uk is temporarily unavailable

XIP 1903485250

Completely and utterly USELESS.

Message 10 of 18