Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility of O2 and Three merger

Topcat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/three-eyes-up-o2-as-talk-of-meg...

Nothing concrete or definite but is being considered , at least by Three
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Loving the logo slight_smile

O3-2-900-80.jpg

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Chinese whispers.

I also love conspiracy theories.

Personally I'm not taken with 3 so I kind of hope not.
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was brought up earlier in the year when someone asked about it, and it turned out 3 had expressed an interest in O2 Ireland.

I still maintain that 3 can't afford to take over O2-UK so only a merger could take place, in the same way as Orange/T-Mobile. I'm not sure what the benefits would be for O2 to do this though...

Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Telefonica are deep in debt, they will keep selling assets to help reduce there debt where they can.

If someone came along with enough money Telefonica would sell O2 UK.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't doubt that they would, but considering the value of the 3 business, I REALLY can't see them being able to afford to buy O2-UK.

If you consider that 3 bought O2 Ireland for 780million euros, the O2 brand in the UK must be worth Billions. It would take a company far larger than 3 to be able to afford them...but in saying that, who knows how much financial backing Hutchison Whampoa have. But bear in mind that 3 only had revenue of just over 170million euros last year!

Message 6 of 13

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Watch out for the yanks!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Watch out for the yanks!

Watch out for BT wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's probably more like it!
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Earlier in the year I too thought BT may want their baby back, when Telfonica started the disposal chain but when BT entererd into a contract with Vodafone I changed my mind as it was a long term contract.

A few years ago I would have been unhappy about a tie up between 3 and O2 but nowadays it would not bother me as both 3g networks are on a par for me.

I use O2 on the phone and mobile internet but in the main i use a 3 MiFi router for mobile internet and it performs very well.     The 3 data package offers more than O2 with better options for my travels.

Until recently I would have said O2s Customer Services were better, its debatable now.

It would be better with 3 thn Vodafone - that would be disasteer 

Message 10 of 13