Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor upload data speeds

MiguelJephy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just moved to o2 and have noticed that Internet based calls (voice and video) are pretty much unusable, been running tests and it seems the upload speed struggles to even get above 2Mbps.

Coming from EE, where I would get 30-60Mbps upload, on 4G, this seems very poor and is in fact the slowest upload I've seen on any major network.

It isn't just isolated to the area I live either, the same speeds are seen within the City.

Is this a national thing with the upload or is it isolated to this county? Are there plans to improve this? I don't mean improve by waiting for the 5G rollout either, this should be improved on the 4G network to compete with others.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 don't announce improvements in advance so no one can tell you if anything is planned or if that is as good as it's going to get in your area.
What we do find sometimes though, is that 3g can be better in some areas, so check that and see if it improves anything.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

MiguelJephy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
3G is much slower, I'll give O2 a call.

Thanks @MI5
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4