Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal

Brianwel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why does our o2 signal fail. Sometimes no signal and can't make or receive calls. Inside house and out side back and front. Four different Device's so an o2 problem.  I've signed up on a 12month contract to receive mobile signals . What can o2 do before I cancel contract due to it not being fulfilled. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Ah, yes - O2 can't really do much at that scale, @Brianwel - Guide: Do you have poor coverage / signal Indoors? This may help Explain / resolve it 

If you can't get coverage at all, regardless of season, then all I can suggest is to get PAYG SIMs from some other networks, try them, and go for the one that best meets your needs. I had the same where I live, finding O2 to be the best signal. However, if either of the 2 local masts has an issue, things fail very quickly and you find you have to be in the north corner of the upstairs room to get any signal at all. I use the O2 My Network app to keep a watch on O2's masts in places I frequent - it is worth downloading and registering for an account, assuming you decide to stay with O2, @Brianwel. Good luck! 

Message 2 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Depending on your device(s), you could always use WiFi calling so that you can make and receive calls?

Steps to get it working:

Ask o2 customer services to enable it on your account.

You turn it on in your My o2.

Turn it on in your phone settings.

There is also an option for WiFi preferred once it is on - make sure that is enabled too.

o2 help page:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Brianwel 

It all depends on location, and where your local mast is, as well as if anything absorbs the radio waves on there way to your handsets.  

Unfortunately o2 can do nothing about inside your home, as it could be the building materials of the house are absorbing the radio waves, or it could be as simple as you are too far away from the mast, that the power boosted signal cant reach you... 

This is all simply the laws of physics 
Unfortunately there is nothing o2 can do about this, and to be honest before signing a contract you should always check signal strength. 

as @gmarkj says contact o2 and ask them to enable WiFi calling. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4