cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me or is O2 going down hill ?  We have just returned from Spain where any thing other than a 4'bar' reception is unacceptable. At my house in West Sussex I am luck to get 1'bar'.  Why is this ?  To compound the poor service I contacted MyO2 via a 'chat' line and near the end of the 'chat' the whole thing went 'off' with no resolution.  What is going on????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Chat isn't and never has been a decent alternative for customer service and was outsourced as a cost-effective alternative. It's never been first for purpose for complex queries and it's quite alarming how many chats seem to get dropped when the query proves too difficult.

As for coverage, we are told O2 are spending £2M/day on improvements.... 

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
When you are roaming, your phone can connect to any mast in your location, so you will invariably get a full or great signal.
Back home, you are limited to the nearest O2 mast, so if it is some distance from your location, your signal will deteriorate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3