Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer service experience

Alwiya
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was contacted by an O2 customer service representative who wanted to iffer me a deal( i'm a 3 customer) we discussed what i was getting from my current provider, and she made me an offer, a very appealling offer i after say and after few minutes i was so enticed by the offer that i added another contract for my wife, but the offer and the all thing was a joke, because when i received the sim cards i had hardtime to activate them secondly when i went to the O2 store where i supposedly,( according with customer service representative and respective manager) i was to pick up 2 new free handset, but when i went to the store,(35 minutes away from me) i was told by a store representative my contract did not include any handset.

I find O2 customer service tactic highly repulsive and unethical, i do understand that the young lady wanted to make a sale, but if O2 service people are willing to cross the ethics boundary so that they can make their commission and go as far as to lie and deceive customer them O2 is not a company that upholds any standards and i,m going to report it to Ofcom for high neglicence in customer relations and unethical behaviour by any standards of its employees

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Alwiya You have posted this in the wrong section. I will ask for it to be moved.

If you are not satisfied with customer service, then I suggest you make a complaint

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a feeling this maybe the work of a trusted partner
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I suspect it was not o2 that contacted you directly but an online telesales company who trick people into taking contracts through them.
O2 customer serices will confirm who signed you up.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23065 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Alwiya From your description of the conversation, it could have been anyone calling you and saying they were from O2. We are all customers here, and cannot help with what you've purchased, but we always advise never to agree to anything from a cold caller. Sorry to say, but it sounds as if you were conned good and proper.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You will probably find that the sim cards are for a business account so you may have problems cancelling under the 14 day cooling off period.

Message 6 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122906 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

To be honest, IF this was a cold caller 'acting on behalf of O2' you would think O2 would drop them like a hot potato!!

ALL the complaints are directed at O2, not the so called trusted partner. Surely that should be enough to stop using them?

Or maybe the revenue they generate, which O2 takes a large cut of, means they don't actually give a damn.Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 15

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

To be honest, IF this was a cold caller 'acting on behalf of O2' you would think O2 would drop them like a hot potato!!

ALL the complaints are directed at O2, not the so called trusted partner. Surely that should be enough to stop using them?

Or maybe the revenue they generate, which O2 takes a large cut of, means they don't actually give a damn.Evil

That would seem to be the case given the amount of complaints over many years

Message 8 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Alwiya What was on the paperwork that came with the sims ? Or any emails received ? Any other company names other than o2 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alwiya wrote:

going to report it to Ofcom for high neglicence in customer relations and unethical behaviour by any standards of its employees

I'd cancel the direct debit as soon as it appears on your bank account and contact 02 collections the same day and tell them the circumstances. Collections are in the UK and if you get them to agree it was a fraudulent sale then you'll be free and clear. Theres no point going into discussions with anyone else at O2.

Also don't activate or use the SIM(s). 

If you paid anything up front then you'll need to go back to the people who sold you the sims (who are probably a third party, a bit like Carphone Warehouse, just a lot less ethical) and ask them for it back.

After that feel free to complain to anyone who will listen.

Good luck.

Message 10 of 15