cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would like to start a new topic regarding o2's poor customer service.

I have been having an ongoing issue regarding a faulty handset that is still under manufacturers warranty, (samsung galaxy s3)

The problem developed at the start of December and o2 have as yet failed to resolve the problem despite twice sending my handset off to Anovo uk for repair via my local o2 shop, my handset is still faulty but now has a cracked casing after first repair attempt.

After various visits to local shop & phone calls/ online chats I have been repeatedly lied to and told contrasting and wrong information.

I would like to know if this is the way o2 treat all of their customers?

Have any other o2 customers had similar problems when dealing with customer service/repairs?

As a result of my experience with o2 I will be leaving them at the earliest opportunity and advising friends and family to do the same.

Look forward to your responses.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replys and advice.

Yes it has been updated to android 4.3 however the fault started on 4.2, have also reset wireless network settings etc.

I have complained to o2 online complaints many times and all I have received back is an automated email stating that they will be in touch within 7 days, but they never get back in touch has now been 3 weeks since my first complaint email was sent.

When complaining to shop staff about the damage to handset after first trip to the repair centre, they told me that they couldn't do anything to help me, as it could have been damaged in transit. What a helpful bunch!!

I have now been given a tracking number for replacement phone, so hopefully it will arrive today. 

Once it arrives I will test on the wireless networks & re-post to let you know the outcome.

Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for updating your thread.

Looking forward to hopefully a positive update when you have recieved your phone.

Fingers crossed.

wink

Message 12 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Thank you for updating your thread

Hopefully the phone will reach you today and this time it will be in satisfying working order

Looking forward to your update
Message 13 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Replacement phone arrived yesterday once set up it works fine when connecting to wifi etc, however the phone they have sent is running jelly bean 4.1.

I would like to update to 4.3 but so far have been unable to do so, when trying from the handset I get a message "The latest updates have already been installed" . So I connected to Kies but that is also not working.

Can anyone tell me how I can update?

Thanks.

Message 14 of 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
02 phones can't get 4.3 yet which is a blessing tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93949 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Maybe upgrade to 4.1.2 but if I had the choice now I wouldn't bother with 4.3...I would have waited for 4.4 with hindsight.
Message 16 of 33

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23957 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@marney1984, it sounds as if O2 have done you a favour by giving you a phone running 4.1. MI5 and Jonsie know a great deal about Samsung phones, so I would heed their advice.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

So will I be able to update to 4.4 once it's out?

Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you should do
Message 19 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi marney1984

I have an S4 which is unbranded (from cpw). I upgraded if from 4.2 to 4.3 and to be honest there is very little difference.

Across the s3 range the update has had a lot of problems. I would urge you NOT to upgrade your replacement but to wait for 4.4.

of course the choice is yours but believe me there is little difference between the two for most users.
Message 20 of 33