cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor 2G reception Cowfold, West Sussex - still.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have complained about it in the past but the 2G reception indoors / outdoors here is dreadful despite what the coverage checker and service status page says. As for 3G - nothing and I don't hold out much hope for 4G either but I would settle for a usable 2G network. It's not the phone because three miles away service begins to improve and in London it is really rather good. When sending an SMS message I am used to seeing the message on my phone that tells me that the service is unavailable and that O2 are unable to complete my request at the moment but will do so when the service is available again. When receiving text messages I tend to get them in batches of three or four all lumped together despite when they were sent. In an attempt to get around this I switch my phone off / on again to re-register on the network every couple of hours or so - that sometimes does the trick. Other than when I am near some major town when my phone works really well, it is just a chunk of glass that I can watch videos or play games on. Now I find that O2 have increased my tariff and I will be paying more for this dismal service - deep joy!
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well as O2 and Vodafone have signed a sharing agreement coverage may improve.

No O2 tech support here just us customers

edit for spelling in the pub using wifi and on a few ciders

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

looking at the coverage checker your nearest mast is approx 2 miles away and some local areas are outdoors only.

Unless o2 build a new mast near to you I do not think it will improve.

But o2 are aiming for 2015 to have 98% indoor coverage of 2g and 3g  and even 4g http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wouldn't mind if I could get good coverage outside - the exercise would do me good, to join my neighbour (another O2 customer) as he walks up and down his garden trying to get a signal. I object to paying a premium price (sorry, an increased premium price) for a definitely non-premium service. Perhaps an update to your coverage check map is in order because according to that I am very firmly in the good signal indoors and out, not even close to one of the other areas.
Message 3 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

It is not my map I am just another customer.

Sugestion, that you get some payg sims and find a network that works where you are the coverage maps are just predictions not facts. Then when contract is over get on the network that works for you.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apologies for that. I just assumed that you were an O2 techie getting back to me. The strange thing is that the reason I left Vodafone for this shower is that Voda service to the village was non existent and O2 was good. Now it is all about face - excellent service form Voda, dismal service from O2. I'm assuming that the mast hasn't moved location in the last several years that I have been an O2 customer so I wonder what has happened. Forgot to feed the hamster that turns the wheel?
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well as O2 and Vodafone have signed a sharing agreement coverage may improve.

No O2 tech support here just us customers

edit for spelling in the pub using wifi and on a few ciders

Apple Watch series 4

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems to be a fair few problems in sussex area and as someone that is in the Forest Row area a lot I know the service can be flaky at best.

Out of interest what phone are you using?

I will add that T-mobile and vodafone has the same issue where we frequent.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hola! I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Works fine almost everywhere except where I want to use it! Agreed about T-Mobile but Vodafone have come on in leaps and bounds in this area. I just want to know what other people use because I see kids, Mums, Dads and everyone else talking away merrily on their mobile phones when I am restricted to using mine only if I hang halfway out of the upstairs bedroom window... on sunny days... when there is a 'q' in the month...
Message 8 of 8