cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number to speak with an O2 agent-how can I speak with an actual human & WHY IS THIS SO HARD?!!

soangry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I would like to upgrade my phone and would like to use my current one for my kid with a new sim card. 

Because of the current pandemic I've been trying to do this online---and it is absoutly impossible to get someone on the phone. A phone company has no phone number to call for help. HOW CRAZY. What is wrong with this picture?!?!?! O2, take some of the money you make (millions and millions of pounds) and HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO HELP YOUR CLIENTS!!!!!!!! It is simply unreal that a phone company does not offer a number that is answered quickly to offer help. Please fix this. PLEASE FIX THIS. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@soangry 

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

soangry
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have tried this. I was on hold for over 24 min then hung up on. I find it insane that your company does not offer a simple direct phone number to customer support staff to help with purchases and account info. You are a phone company with zero phone support. This is crazy. Take some of the millions of pounds your CEO makes and hire MORE PEOPLE AND START A HELP LINE. I wanted to purchase two phones and set up two new accounts and I've been trying for over two weeks to simply speak to an actual human person. Because of the pandemic many folks are not able to leave home (high risk) and can't go into a shop/store. Please explain why you don't make this process easier. Why don't you seriously hire more staff so that people can get help. Hire enough folks that you can have a help line where there is zero hold time and people actually walk away feeling less stressed and happy to be a part of the "O2 family". I'm at my end of understanding how you can be such a large phone company and not provide, clearly, boldly, easy to find a phone number. Very, very, very frustrated. 

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@soangry 

You are confused I think. I agree with a lot of what you say, but no-one here works for O2. This is a community forum, made up of members like yourself. We can only advise you with info we have.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not sure why you can't do this online?
Choose upgrade and follow the steps.
Once that's done, you can either get a pay as you go sim or apply for a separate pay monthly sim.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5