cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone blocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get my phone unblocked?

I was informed earlier this week that my phone bill was higher than usual and that I needed to make a payment otherwise the phone would be blocked. I missed the text and they blocked my phone.

I rang up testerday and they said it was just a security check since my bill was higher than normal and swithced my phone back on without payment - I'm on pay monthly anyway.

I found out today that they sent me an email earlier this afternoon that unless I made payment my phone would be blocked  EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS JUST A SECURITY CHECK AND WHEN I SPOKE TO THEM YESTERDAY THEY HADN'T WANTED A PAYMENT. 

NOW THEY HAVE BLOCKED IT. THEIR HELP DESK STOPS AT 1800 AND IT WAS 1812 WHEN I FOUND THIS OUT.

I WENT ONLINE AND PAID THE BILL (EARLY) AND 30 MINUTES LATER MY PHONE IS STILL BLOCKED. 

HOW DO I GET MY PNOHE UNBLOCKED OR DO I JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THEY WAKE UP IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Usually takes a couple of hours but at the latest it should come back on when the system updates at midnight.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for letting me know.

Given I have been denied service I have paid for - feeling pretty cheesed off.

Are their any mobile operators that have a 24/7 help desk fos such issues - may be time to move.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Not sure about anyone with 24 hour CS, but as these things are all computer system controlled, no one can over-ride them anyway.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If its not back on by tomorrow morning @Anonymous then you will need to contact customer services to speak to someone by phone. 8-8.30am is the best time to call  https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous!

Did your phone get unblocked in the end? Please let us know how you get on with it!

Message 6 of 6