Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phishing text - from Three!

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Well this is a new one: I received a text message reportedly from the network Three this morning (to my number that is on o2) asking me to update my details to ensure my bill is paid.

There is a link on the text (that I've not clicked on and won't post here) as normal.

Just a warning to all that you should not be clicking on links in messages that you have not requested.

If you get anything like this then use your browser to go to the company asking for your details without using the link - or call their customer services!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144160 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
I guess your number was ported from Three at some point in the past.
The lookup tables the scammers use only show the original network assigned to the number and don’t have records of number porting.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
I'd say a scam too !

Take care TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 3