Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not showing on account

KHammond123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I paid my bill on 2nd October in full through the app, it is still say it is unpaid and I have now been disconnected but the money has left my bank account. I am going round in circles trying to sort out, very frustrating can anyone help?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

NastyNigel
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the exact same problem for 2 months in a row. Payments taken from my bank account but not showing on my O2 account. The South African call centre are very limited it what they can do. All the time going round in circles with them. Even receiving default notifications from them in the post. They cut my phone off the first time and demanded that I pay again even though the payment had cleared my bank account. They tried doing a payment trace but couldn’t find it. Even gave them the banks payment reference number. Heard nothing for 8 days. Although they did lift the block. Which turned itself back on after 5 days. Eventually I got so fed up I used the above email address. They replied after 8 days and did another payment trace. After another 5 days payment found. 
But it’s now done it again this month. Had to go through the same process again. Default letters, blocked phone. Eventually had to use Skype to get through to them as all calls had been barred. For a communication company they are very bad at communicating. Use the email address and stand your ground. 

Message 11 of 16

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@NastyNigel 

If that has happened two months in a row, I suggest that you complain.

I really find it hard to comprehend the mess that O2 have got into regarding payments not being credit to customer accounts and other customers being unable to pay when they want to.

If there are a significant number of complaints, O2 might do something about this, particularly as it is in their interests to solve it.  

Message 12 of 16

NastyNigel
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have complained on numerous times. They still can't find the payment even though it has cleared my bank. 3 payment traces, no replies to emails and promised to return calls and still nothing. This time I have decided to take it further and involve the ombudsman.

Message 13 of 16

Oxonian
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@NastyNigel 

Have you tried Resolver ? they have a reputation for facilitating good outcomes :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 14 of 16

NastyNigel
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have now opened a case with the Communications Ombudsman and also registered a complaint about service issues with Ofcom. Although Ofcom don't investigate individual cases they will eventually raise issues with a company if many  complaints are received.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services

Message 15 of 16

Oxonian
  • 6137 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@NastyNigel 

Have you tried Resolver ? they have a reputation for facilitating good outcomes :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

The is no reason why you should not use Resolver alongside your complaint to Ofcom. 

Message 16 of 16