cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment methods: We want to hear from you!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As most of you probably know, most O2 customers use a recognisable Direct Debit method to pay their monthly bills, as with most other products and services in day-to-day life. There are however some who still pay manually and we’d love to hear from you. 

Why do you pay manually? Is it due to your situation (and if so, please share any useful info) or a personal choice?

We're always looking to make improvements and thought that this was the best ace to gather some views on our payment methods, so fire away!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not sure if it is possible, but would it not also be useful to contact those that do not have a DD set up on their account?
That way you would capture those that are not on here, which may or may not be a representative %age of the total customers o2 has...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree with @gmarkj it would be very helpful then people would not fall into dire situations. Possibly a text towards their billing date
Message 3 of 24

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree with @gmarkj it would be very helpful then people would not fall into dire situations. Possibly a text towards their billing date

I meant in terms of finding out why a DD was not suitable in their circumstances rather than reminder about your bill as you get that when your bill is generated. I am sure that there innumerable reasons to not pay with DD, and o2 would only see some of those with a limited pool of responses.

Or did you mean a week before to say that your bill will be raised in one week or something similar?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby as this will have an impact on my Ways to Pay guidelines and the knowledge base etc etc..I have just sent you a PM...

Edited to add...you have replied to the PM. Many thanks ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @gmarkj a reminder so to speak as surely the system recognises a manual payment is in place 

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, guys,

I switched from DD to paying manually for a multitude of reasons. It first came around about out of necessity: I simply needed the funds for a more important reason that didn't have the time to notify anyone. I cancelled the Direct Debit and paid the bill in full a few days later.

Out of - what I'll admit to you guys - laziness and simply having too many other things to do, I didn't set up another one. I ended up paying manually more and more often.

Recently I realised that I quite like it. I get to know exact when and where funds are going when I do everything myself. It makes me feel a little more confident.

Message 7 of 24

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good response and really helpful @Anonymous, thanks!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 24

Rongtw
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I dont use DD because i am disabled on a minimum income , the money i get sometimes gets to my bank some days after due date , if i used DD i would incurr bank charges ! .

So it easier to pay with debit card ok a few days late But it get paid BUT what i find rediculous is the infelexibility of O2 system to allow this !! the amount of times i have used live chat to inform O2 my payment will be late , they say ok we put a HOLD on your account !!  But i still get restriced because its a automated system that cant be changed !!!!!!

So i can pay my airtime in advance to get in advance of my bill , which i do frequently BUT !!! i cannont pay my device payment early as the Inflexible system takes it as a extra payment NOT that months.

What makes it worse is i have 3 phones mine , Daughter and sons as i need to be able to contact them if i need help .

The amount of times i have been cut off when promised i would not is now becoming rediculous as there is NO flexibility in the O2 payment system

Message 9 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you know you have a bill to pay you need to make sure the money is available from the previous months salary, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 24