Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Extensions - not adhered to by O2

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I know peope are getting extensions to allow more time for payment but a worring trend seems to be appearing that in some instances the extensions is being overridden by the automated system and people cut off - obviously I appreciate every person is different etc but if you've made a payment extension request with O2 and it's been agreed please comment below as to if O2 had adhered to it or ignored it - hopefully some of the O2 staff who occassionally freqeuent this forum can take up the whole issue. Please don't post personal details as this is a public forum. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

The extension is to prevent a black mark on your credit history for non-payment, @djbsuffolk - not to prevent your phone being automatically taken out of service.

O2's system will automatically bar calls from your phone if there are outstanding amounts owed to O2.

It does seem odd, but that seems to be the way it's working. 

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

djbsuffolk
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@pgn I disagree - I was given until the 19th August to pay - and was clearly told there wouldn't be any restrictions on my service - and I could safely ignore the automated messages. 

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I have been in the same position years ago when payments could not be taken from my card by O2 - alas, I had to call them every so often, not least of which was to pay them and ask for an update on the state of my account.

It does seem that spending my "stay home" time waiting to get through to O2 to keep updating the case and asking to reset the block would become tedious in the current climate, @djbsuffolk.

See how many answer your post, maybe we can get a better solution from O2 based on the feedback. 

As noted in another story: "Merely an automatic system. Ancient computers ranged in the long caves deep in the bowels of the planet tick away the dark millennia. I think they take the occasional pot-shot to relieve the monotony." 🤔

Message 5 of 6

djbsuffolk
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Exactly - my concern is if others have been told yes extension and no limitation of services only to find that isn't the case maybe we can try to draw attention in this thread and get O2 to get it fixed - it would be in their interest as otherwise on the otherside of this they are going to have a lot of customers who will quite frankly be looking for another supplier because of the way they have been treated. 

Message 6 of 6