cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY AS YOU GO USERS ALSO WANT USAGE STATEMENTS ONLINE!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried in so many ways to find out why O2 does not afford its Pay As You Go users the ability to keep track of their calls, text and data usage online as is allowed O2 Pay Monthly users and also users of almost every other UK phone network regardless of whetheir its a pay monthly or pay as you go line.

I was told by O2 customer services that if I want a breakdown of my call usage, I would have to write an application to some address and pay £10 for the documents to be posted to my home address. Can you believe that. It sounded so pathetic and unprofessional at the time.

Not only that, pay as you go users are also denied call waiting. O2, please could you please explain why in this day and age of advanced software programming such simple services are denied Pay As You Go users when the likes of Vectone Mobile, GT Mobile, Lebara Mobile, Lycamobile, etc. all provide these services for all categories of their users not to talk of the bigger networks. O2 Pay As You Go Users, pleaserespond if you support this post and lets ask O2 for change. O2 Pay As You Go Users want to be able to view their Calls, Texts and Data usage online. O2, please listen and act.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The simple answer is that O2 would rather have you on a contract. If you ask Leonard nicely he will follow up the request for you so at least you'll know its been raised with Management.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't say I know a lot about the PAYG phones as always been on contract. 

My first thought though was that contract customers are paying for those services and if PAYG gets them then that cost will need to be allocated somewhere which more than likely will result in call costs increasing. 

You say other companies offer call waiting or itemimised bills, what are the costs of calls/texts/data compared to O2? 

I honestly do not know hence why I am asking.

Message 3 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can go into my o2 and check how many text & minutes You have left. Also to stop using lots of data, turn off mobile data & use wifi where possible

Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

They want a itemised bill and call waiting which is not offered to PAYG customer on O2 fella.

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was intrigued by the call waiting so had a look on the biggest Phone company is the UK (or was) BT and they charge £.3.30 for call waiting

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are the some call typical rates: for GT Mobile: GT Mobile to GT Mobile Calls Free* GT Mobile to GT Mobile SMSFree* USA Calls4p/min Europe from1p/min UK Landlines5p/min UK other mobiles10p/min National & International SMS9p/SMS for Vectone Mobile: Landlines - 10/min Mobiles - 15p/min Texts - 10p for Lebara Mobile: National Tariff National Tariff Other UK Mobile 10p Lebara to Lebara call* 0p UK Landline** 5p UK Text Messages(to non Lebara Numbers) 12p International Text Message 12p Lebara to Lebara SMS* 0p Picture Messaging 45p Video Messaging 45p Voice Mail 10p Emergency Calls FREE Lebara to Lebara call (without topup) 15p Lebara to Lebara SMS (without topup) 15p Internet per MB (after first 1Mb) 15p To 070 prefix personal numbers 79p Calls to 5588 (topup & balance check) FREE Calls to 5588 to talk to a customer service advisor 10p These are networks which do not have the customer base of O2 nor the infrastructure and in the case of GT Mobile they piggyback off O2 to provide a service for their customers. I see no reason why O2 cannot accommodate this service for its customers.
Message 7 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Kayode what about non virtual mno i.e. ee vodafone? as they like o2 have to pay to maintain the network staff etc vmno just buy bandwith from one of the others so not a fair comparison as they have little running costs and work on a small margin for profit.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately you have just mentioned the reason. 

They have no overheads, no infrastructure, no costs. 

Do they offer intemised billing?

Do they give you a sim fOC if you need to replace. Do they offer phone repairs or any sales other than sim cards and calls?

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

No disrespect to you guys justifying why O2 is not able to allow its Pay-As-You-Go customers access their usage online, but it if these small networks don't have overheads then what about T-Mobile which allows it's pay as you go users access to the details of last 300 calls online. Orange equally does this. Please take the pain to verify.

My post is all about service and giving customers what they could get elsewhere. I am trying to make a valid point for improved services for Pay As You Go Customers and nothing more. My reference to smaller networks was to state the fact that these 'new in the market' networks realised what is important for cornering the market. Everything matters!

Message 10 of 26