cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outstanding Customer Service - o2 store London Victoria Street

Anonymous
Not applicable

i just wanted to drop you a line and to make you aware of some truely excellent customer service i got from a member of the o2 staff team at the o2 store on Victoria Street, London SW1.

After breaking my phone (by smashing the screen) i upgraded to a new iphone 7 on Monday evening of this week.

#I back up my phone regularly using itunes and was assured that because i did this it would be easy to restore my phone setting contacts and pictures etc. The pictures i was especially concerned about. I assumed it would be easy to set up the new phone but when i tried to do this i got an error message - corrupt back up. This meant i had lost everything. My heart sank

i arrived back at the o2 shop on Victoria Street at 0930 on Tuesday to be greeted by Allam (i think this was his name) and i believe he ran the store. He had worked in the Stratford store in the past and was a graduate (info i picked up whilst chatting)

I explained the situation and he set about rectifying the position. He found the old phone (it hadnt been sent to recycling) and then spent nearly two hours trying various methods to retrieve the info (inc photos and contacts) from the old phone and onto my new one. He did this in a helpful friendly and engaging way - knowing it wouldnt result in a new sale.

And he was successful with photos and contacts all retrieved. He went out of his way to help - when he didnt have to. I cannot praise him enough and wanted to put on file my thanks to him. I am not sure whether your company has any form of staff recognition / award scheme but if you do i would like to nominate him for consideration. Or at lleast put this on his staff record file. 

You know doubt get many people complaining - but given how good the service was i thought it important to drop you a note

Thanks

Matthew Lodge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Thanks for letting us know and I'm sure @Martin-O2 will pass on your comments.
It's nice to know that some staff do care slight_smile

Could you also edit your number please @Anonymous as this forum is public and you may start to get spam calls from companies that skim forums for personal details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for posting about such a positive experience @Anonymous

Great to read about staff who go the extra mile for their customers.:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5 @Anonymous I'll make sure that your comments get passed on. It's always nice when someone takes the time to leave positive feedback slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4