cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order online, in store stock

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I’ve ordered online & decided to pick up instore. The buying process supposedly checks the stock levels and states that it’s available for collection today, but having completed the transaction & received no email.. I’ve rung the store who state they have none in.

I only clicked pick up as it said it was available & i was going into town.. now I’ll have to make another trip another day..

Not happy

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is no live stock system on O2 so it cannot possibly have been checked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add to the fact that before buying it said you only need the pin and photo id

yet when you complete the transaction it says you need the confirmation email, photo id and the card you paid with..

So which is it?

Rang customer service and they said they’d never heard of having to take your credit card they stated that if there was a problem in store to ring customer service and they’d sort it..

beginning to to look like a cowboy outfit to be fair..

Message 3 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

But it appears to

9A0D04F3-3128-4488-B5F0-82126C0CDC36.png

Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Pin and photo Id is required.
Payment card is advised.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn’t mean anything. There is no live stock system so there is no way of telling if there truly is stock of your device. The only way you can be certain is if you receive a dispatch email 

Message 6 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried other phones and it says collect in 2 days.. or 3 days.. which gives the impression it can be picked up in that time scale..

it really needs changing...

Message 7 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried other phones and it says collect in 2 days.. or 3 days.. which gives the impression it can be picked up in that time scale..

it really needs changing...

Totally agree @Anonymous. O2 can only sell the phones when they receive the stock. As said they don't operate a live stock system so no one is ever sure (even when they take your money and set up a contract) how long you will have to wait for the phone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 20

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As you have found out, the only way to check is to call the store first.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

And again.. it should say that.. not make it appear that they’re there waiting

Message 10 of 20