cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online shop credit card details - CVV field

Jonathan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Registered:

American Express credit cards use 4-digit CVV validation numbers instead of the usual three. If you try and pay with an American Express card, once you input the card number, the CVV input field changes from max length 3 to max length 4 to allow you to enter your CVV. However, if you allow Google to autofill your card details rather than typing them in by hand, the CVV field does NOT change to 4 digits long, and you can't buy anything!

 

Problem exists on both mobile and desktop sites.

 

In other words: if you have an Amex, don't use Google autofill. I hope O2 can fix this soon.

cvv.PNG

Message 1 of 16
2,202 Views
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 87033 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5152 Solutions
Registered:

Useful information though I'm damn sure I wouldn't allow Google to store my card details.

2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2




O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook




Message 2 of 16
1,985 Views

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 111933 Posts
  • 800 Topics
  • 6599 Solutions
Registered:

I seem to remember ages ago, O2 did NOT accept AmEx cards....(probably because of the 4 digit CVV number?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16
1,983 Views

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I seem to remember ages ago, O2 did NOT accept AmEx cards....(probably because of the 4 digit CVV number?)


Yeah apparently if I remember correctly they don’t accept that particular card. Can’t remember why though 

Message 4 of 16
1,962 Views

pgn
Level 63: Greatness Assured
  • 24263 Posts
  • 176 Topics
  • 691 Solutions
Registered:
That 4-digit CVV number on Amex cards can be a pain on some websites.

O2 does accept Amex, both in O2 Shop and the O2 Wallet for paying your O2 bill.
O2CommunityAwardNotCS




O2 Social Media
SM Icons(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)















Message 5 of 16
1,949 Views

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 111933 Posts
  • 800 Topics
  • 6599 Solutions
Registered:

Yes they do now @pgn but there was a time they didn't. Luckily they have jumped into the 21st century joy

I think Maestro was another one people had problems with....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16
1,945 Views

pgn
Level 63: Greatness Assured
  • 24263 Posts
  • 176 Topics
  • 691 Solutions
Registered:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I seem to remember ages ago, O2 did NOT accept AmEx cards....(probably because of the 4 digit CVV number?)


Yeah apparently if I remember correctly they don’t accept that particular card. Can’t remember why though 


I think the EU directive on credit card charges effectively meant Amex could not be ignored.  Good old EU again, let's hope things do not revert to the bad old days after 29th March 2019: credit card charges, roaming charges, bank charges... all things commonly used in a free market economy (!)  

O2CommunityAwardNotCS




O2 Social Media
SM Icons(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)















Message 7 of 16
1,922 Views

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 111933 Posts
  • 800 Topics
  • 6599 Solutions
Registered:

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I seem to remember ages ago, O2 did NOT accept AmEx cards....(probably because of the 4 digit CVV number?)


Yeah apparently if I remember correctly they don’t accept that particular card. Can’t remember why though 


I think the EU directive on credit card charges effectively meant Amex could not be ignored.  Good old EU again, let's hope things do not revert to the bad old days after 29th March 2019: credit card charges, roaming charges, bank charges... all things commonly used in a free market economy (!)  


This is true.

I honestly believe a good 50% of people voting to leave had no idea of the full implications of it slight_frown

I find Question Time a very interesting programme to listen to nowadays!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16
1,914 Views

ste064
Level 3: Thinker
  • 80 Posts
  • 22 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Registered:

You need to input the 4 digit number printed on the front of your american express card not the cvv 3 digit code to make your purchase as i have had to do that online.

Message 9 of 16
1,898 Views

pgn
Level 63: Greatness Assured
  • 24263 Posts
  • 176 Topics
  • 691 Solutions
Registered:

@Cleoriff wrote:

This is true.

I honestly believe a good 50% of people voting to leave had no idea of the full implications of it slight_frown

I find Question Time a very interesting programme to listen to nowadays!!


People are idiots - it should never have gone to a vote (or referendum). That is what we have MPs for, and they shirked their responsibility in this regard. All we have now is division and hate, lie upon lie... cry

 

Any Questions had Ian Dunt on yesterday, must track that one down... 

O2CommunityAwardNotCS




O2 Social Media
SM Icons(Twitter | Instagram | Facebook)















Message 10 of 16
1,884 Views