Did you mean: 

Oneplus 6 monthly contract cost

retroshaman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

does anyone know the reasoning of the pay monthly tariff cosst of the Oneplus 6?

I don't want to go higher than £50 per month and I can't afford to pay a big up front cost.

So for £19.99 upfront I'll end up paying £46 per month for unlimited texts and calls with only 4gb of data. the phone is £469 direct from Oneplus.

In comparison I could instead go for a Samsung s9 plus and i'd have to pay £29.99 upfront and pay £49 for unlimited texts and calls with 50gb of data through carphone warehouse with o2. The s9 plus is going for £869

The Oneplus is meant to be a mid range phone but o2 are charging top tier price for it. The worst of it is they have exclusive rights to it so they can charge what they like and thus, I feel like they're ripping off their customers.

I just wondered if 02 had any sort of explanation/reason why they are charging so much for a mid range phone?

I'm due an upgrade in October and in all honesty after doing some research, I'm probably going to end up changing providers for the first time in over 10 years. Not only because of this but because o2 are up there with regards to higher monthly ncosts for little data in comparison to some of the competition.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This isn't O2 so we'd have no idea why O2 charge what they do, but prices are likely to drop after they've been out for a while, usually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@retroshamanO2 will always say it's because they offer Refresh. No other network does that. Also you can only get it if buying directly from O2....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3