cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old rabbits would like to ask questions but are too afraid, but in the haze of Christmas here goes?

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Old reabbits often get caught in the light of the headlights - if theyd known a thing or 2 they would nt get into that mess.  So here goes -

WHAT SOME OLD RABBITS with no  bunnies at home WOULD LIKE TO ASK AND are afraid to ask -

OTHER OLD BUCKS and DOES pleases join in with your queries

A landline has wires a mobile has SIM - how does a SIM work a mobile phone ?

GBs  ?    How many GBs do you need to feed a smartphone?  For EMAIL  ?   WHATS APP? SKYPE ? FACEBOOK ? SEARCHES?  occasional car JOURNEY ROUTES ?  DOWNLOAD  lyrics and choral music 2x a month? EBAY ?      mostly and as secondary device.

WHATS difference between IPAD , ANDROID , WIN  to use for a mobile / smartphone?

BEST SART PHONES for older person / highest volume for calls in and out

Whisch phones have the best support?     

And who gives more than a weeks free trial and return ?

THANKS  and HAPPY 2018. I might have asked some questions before.

To have the answers in one place would be fab - sorry,COOL

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Mobile phones use radio waves to connect to a signal. It’s the same basic principle as a transistor radio or a 2 way radio such as CB etc.
Minimum gb requirements these days I believe to be 3gb a month but obviously depends on usage.
Android has the widest support network and is more flexible than any of the other systems.
The difference is purely down to operating system so can be compared to windows on your pc.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jenny105  If you click this link, all your questions can be answered in one place, one at a time. Google is your friend:

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiCsbyo-6fYAhWCdSYKHVEYBrIQPAgD

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best smartphones for older people? Purely a matter of choice. Being old (like me) doesn't mean I go for a smartphone with less functions than any other. I currently use a Note 4 and that's because I prefer a larger screen. I may not use all the functions it provides but that's my choice.

Not attempting to be facetious but being older doesn't mean I get put in an age box. I wear trendy clothes, I never listen to Radio 4, I like groups from the 60's as well as some of the current bands of this era. I enjoy going to rock concerts etc etc etc. 

As for GB usage ...again dependent on whether you always have access to wifi or not. I use a laptop and a tablet.  My phone tariff has 2GB of data and I never need more. If using pc away from home and without Wifi I use a dongle for data connection.

Most Android phones come with a 2 year warranty. iPhones come with just 1 year

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I'm trendy except for IT stuff. I retired before tablets and smartphones came in . Work was my main means of updating and the gkids aren't old enough to help me out!
Message 5 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks for everything, in a nutshell M15. I'm hoping to crack this nut in the New Year and to move on :-0
Message 6 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:
I'm trendy except for IT stuff. I retired before tablets and smartphones came in .

So did I @Jenny105. I was a nurse and at that time they weren't used in hospitals (how things have changed). I was dragged kicking and acreaming into the world of smartphones by my two sons. I was also lucky enough to join this forum 4 years ago and have been helped tremendously by the knowledgeable members here...:smileywink:

It's a bit of a turnaround really because now (occasionally) those same sons now come to me for help Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unlike my kids, none of us were born with a smartphone in our hand.
We’ve all had to teach ourselves and learn from others.
My kids teach me these days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I luv my laptop , searching , emails , photo edits etc.etc But the family use Wots App not Skype now. We are losing touch. Being part deaf does make a difference to communication. I don't phone cos I'm afraid of not hearing the speech
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Unlike my kids, none of us were born with a smartphone in our hand.
We’ve all had to teach ourselves and learn from others.
My kids teach me these days.

Falls back in amazement....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13