Did you mean: 

Ofcom pledge better rural Mobile coverage

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I missed this in november

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2013/11/five-point-plan-to-improving-mobile-coverage/

Looks like ofcom may be laying down a few guidelines

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good news. 

After going to Sussex on Monday and having very poor coverage (no signal for a long stretch just outside Guildford which is hardly rural!) I was thinking that maybe, rather than pushing 3G and then 4G, companies should have made sure the majority of areas have 2G coverage.

Message 2 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@traceyjs1975

The issue as covered is the requirements at present are population and not open space / roads / rail.

I travel from south somerset dorset borders to london and beyond along a roads and hardly lose a 2g signal.

But head west to cornwall and we do on occasions lose 2g

a goverment funded scheme here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mobile-reception-around-uk-to-get-massive-boost

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can remember going to Cornwall years ago and Orange was the only network who had any coverage.  Because we were both on Vodafone we had to drive out of the village and go to the top of the nearest hill to get signal!

Message 4 of 4