cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Called in to local O2 shop yesterday, Wanted to buy a Samsung J3 2017 for £129.99.

As there were none in stock the assistants ordered a blue one for me as there were only 3 of these phoes due to come into store the next day. Today.

An appointment was made and texts from O2 to tell me my order was now in store for collection.

I called to store at my appointment time and went through the process of buying the phone, only to be told that the phone was now £179.99 and not the £129.99 when ordered. as O2 had increased the price overnight, Management said it was down to head office and they could not do anything with the price.

I have been a O2 customer for around 20 years and have wasted my time over 2 days, no one seems to care that the goal posts were moved.

What a terrible way to treat a customer

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

It's just not right. Yes it may have been on offer and offers end. BUT.. it was agreed the day before. I don't see the problem, the phone should be at the agreed price when the confirmation receipt was dated. 

Message 21 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

It's now showing online in the shop at £169.99. I repeat though...the O2 advisor stating 'it went up overnight' does NOT go down well with me. It indicates quite clearly that the phone WAS a lower price when @Anonymous went instore the previous day

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 33

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
No one is disputing that fact I don't think?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
No one is disputing that fact I don't think?

No... but O2 staff don't appear to want to offer any assistance as a gesture of goodwill. So hopefully either a complaint or help from @Marjo or @Martin-O2 will bring a satisfactory resolution..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 33

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
The shops probably don't have the authority.
Even less so if they are a franchise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The shops probably don't have the authority.
Even less so if they are a franchise.

No but they aren't robots. They know what was agreed and most shops are able to make offers or at least act with a modicum of common sense....

Anyway enough said, lets hope @Anonymous gets a favourable outcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 33

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Hopefully @Marjo will help out too.

Currently using:
Message 27 of 33

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5.

Sorry to hear about this @Anonymous! 😞 I can certainly check on our end just in case if there's anything else that could be done. I'm going to drop you a private message here on the forum, please do check when you get a moment?

Message 28 of 33

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Thanks Marjo

Currently using:
Message 29 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and thanks for all the support.

I have been contacted by O2 this Morning and the issue has now been resolved.

Again. Many thanks for the links and advice.

Message 30 of 33