cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shop on Oxford Street told me today my data only sim in does not allow any roaming at all.

MGH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had troubles for a year and all account settings have roaming on but I was "unable to connect" to Orange 4G mast 300m away in France all summer and now O2 tell me that unless I pay off the contract and then change to a voice etc sim I should get a foreign SIM card.

That is not what was said when I took the Galaxy Book 2 Pro 5G contract las year.

Anyone else had the same feedback? Seems wrong to me but thought I would ask before I escalate it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions

Without written proof there are no grounds.

Said many times that data sims do not work abroad, never have and never will and never suggested anywhere that they did.

Any verbal communication otherwise is wrong and irrelevant.

If your "3in1" sim was for a phone it would work temporarily abroad in a laptop but would be caught by the system eventually and disconnected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 11