cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 shambles again - you think after 3 launches they....

Anonymous
Not applicable
What a joke - first in the queue at phones 4 u, have my phone, but it's 02 letting the side down.

The lady has spent over an hour on the phone trying to talk to upgrades!!

Orange & Vodafone customers have been and gone already!!!

O2 you are a shambles, you arranged for only current customers to get phobes and you still can't cope!

If the phones where not network specific , vie had taken one on orang eor voafone!!!

Sort it out!

Darren
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had one customer say to me I was a idiot and the other words I can't repeat all because I don't have a I phone therefore I'm not qualified to sell it. I'm sorry but it's my chooce what phone I have same as you do. I had customers moaning about the time that they had to wait.

I didn't make you queue it was your choose that's what life is all about. All I can say is thanks to my colleagues and also the girls (yes the people I called through to today just all happened to be female at the call centre) without you I would have been stuck and lost
Message 21 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I just say, it wasn't O2's fault what happened today. P4U upgrades were all supposed to be being processed by their own head office team. The number they were issued from their head office didn't work, it either gave a dead tone or hung up on them after half an hour of waiting. O2 had to then put on a team for them to use in the mean time, their phone line didn't come up till nearly 4pm.
Message 22 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I'm not complaining about my experience this morning at all.
Joined the queue outside the Shrewsbury O2 store at 06:30. At that point I was 14th in the queue and not very optimistic.
At around 7:30, we were told that they had enough stock for everyone in the queue at that time (about 25 people).
Took no more that 10 minutes to process the upgrade from start-to-finish once it was my turn and I walked away happily with my new phone. It's just syncing, now.
Lots of good-hearted banter in the queue and it was a pleasure, to be honest.
Phones4U had 1 handset on Vodafone. Vodafone has 5 handsets. Carphone Warehouse had 5 but they were keeping them for their staff. No idea about Orange but I only saw 1 person walk out of their store with one.
I think O2 did just fine today.

well i agree. I went to the beeston, nottingham store and i thought they were fab. like you we got there just after 6 and we were 15 & 16th in the queue. when the staff got there they went down the queue and gave out raffle tickets (and sweets). they also told us they had 70 in stock (35 of each) so we pretty much knew straight away we were ok for one. then obvisouly once he got to 70 in giving out his tickets which he did do pretty much by opening time people who were after that knew there was none left.

staff were really friendly, process was very quick, we were out by 9am which is not bad considering we were 15th & 16th in queue, and even though i was up at daft o clock i had a really good time as the people in the queue were lovely and we had a good laugh.

we could see people turning up and there faces dropping when they seen the queue but come on, did you really think you could turn up at 8/9am and expect to get one or to not have to queue. 😐

I for one am a happy o2 customer and i've even just emailed o2 to thank them for the service today.

So to you 2 who've posted who work for 02 and had a **** day, keep your chin up there are happy customers who are very happy with the service today and thank you for your hard work and wot must have been a nitemare of a day grin
Message 23 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Went to the Batley west Yorkshire shop and they had wait for it .....2 in stock that was it made us wait outside and even opened late!!! Joke

amazing how many were sold during the day with no further deliveries!!!
Message 24 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not saying which store I work in but I work for the company. I got a lot of verbal thearts and intimidation today. All because I didn't have certain phones in stock or people said it was to much to buy the contracts out.
We had over 200 people queuing at my store alone throughout the day even after we told people we had none left!!!!
I can't magic a phone out of line air. Sorry for the rant just had to air a view from a store side

I do sympathise with you - with all the hype and info availability from all networks etc, there is no excuse for people to treat you in that way.

Absolutely not. But then again, there's no need for O2 employees to be dismissive of customers and to lie to them, as I experienced. It works both ways. I hope my experience wasn't typical and no doubt the vast majority of O2 employees are a lot better than the ones I came across today.
Message 25 of 43

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93928 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Oh dear....three weeks of i4 hype and another three weeks of gripes to come! I also cannot understand the mentality of having to be the first to have a new toy and then wondering why demand outstrips supply. Much better imho to wait and to have any issues with the phone fixed before buying it. This is a good time to go on holiday wink
Message 26 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Went to the Batley west Yorkshire shop and they had wait for it .....2 in stock that was it made us wait outside and even opened late!!! Joke

i'm surprised at the stock check on o2 main page, still shows a lot of stores still have them ???

so if you didn't get one people and your desperate for one, get on there and check it out. there might be a store you've not thought of that has some left.
Message 27 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm surprised at the stock check on o2 main page, still shows a lot of stores still have them ???
so if you didn't get one people and your desperate for one, get on there and check it out. there might be a store you've not thought of that has some left.

I just rang a store at meadowhall, and he says hes had no stock in for hours, and that most of the stock updates are wrong.
Message 28 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do agree it works both ways. In my store we had it well manage. We tried to keep the people informed as best we could.

I was on the go from 6am this morning getting everthing ready and was in early for 7am to get ready for us opening. We opened bang on 8.02 and I didn't stop once for over 6 hours on my feet. I'm just sorry for the people I turned away
Message 29 of 43

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I'm not complaining about my experience this morning at all.
Joined the queue outside the Shrewsbury O2 store at 06:30. At that point I was 14th in the queue and not very optimistic.
At around 7:30, we were told that they had enough stock for everyone in the queue at that time (about 25 people).
Took no more that 10 minutes to process the upgrade from start-to-finish once it was my turn and I walked away happily with my new phone. It's just syncing, now.
Lots of good-hearted banter in the queue and it was a pleasure, to be honest.
Phones4U had 1 handset on Vodafone. Vodafone has 5 handsets. Carphone Warehouse had 5 but they were keeping them for their staff. No idea about Orange but I only saw 1 person walk out of their store with one.
I think O2 did just fine today.

well i agree. I went to the beeston, nottingham store and i thought they were fab. like you we got there just after 6 and we were 15 & 16th in the queue. when the staff got there they went down the queue and gave out raffle tickets (and sweets). they also told us they had 70 in stock (35 of each) so we pretty much knew straight away we were ok for one. then obvisouly once he got to 70 in giving out his tickets which he did do pretty much by opening time people who were after that knew there was none left.
staff were really friendly, process was very quick, we were out by 9am which is not bad considering we were 15th & 16th in queue, and even though i was up at daft o clock i had a really good time as the people in the queue were lovely and we had a good laugh.
we could see people turning up and there faces dropping when they seen the queue but come on, did you really think you could turn up at 8/9am and expect to get one or to not have to queue. 😐
I for one am a happy o2 customer and i've even just emailed o2 to thank them for the service today.
So to you 2 who've posted who work for 02 and had a **** day, keep your chin up there are happy customers who are very happy with the service today and thank you for your hard work and wot must have been a nitemare of a day grin

II was was number 8 in the queue and second that /... felt sorry for the girl who was number ten had to leave without one because of a technicality with moving house , bit crap . But the staff were great , in and out in ten minutes tops
Message 30 of 43