cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 raids my bank account and holds my number to ransom!

iamleigh
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

iamleigh_0-1690950704382.png

So I woke up this morning with no money this morning thanks to O2 deciding to raid my bank account. I spoke to 2 managers at O2 after spending over 2 weeks on a wild goose chase with no resolve to a lot of issues with my service. After speaking to these managers, I had thought it was established that I would be leaving O2 and not paying the early disconnect fee thanks to the abysmal service and conflicting messages from their agents.

No. Apparently not.

After spending another 2 weeks at another provider, coincidentally my PAC request only goes through after O2 take 153 pounds from my account. O2 holds my number to ransom, messing up a medical appointment/referral (yes, I am disabled, I made this known to them early on). Not only does that completely mess up medical arrangements, but also leaves me with no money for the month. Thanks O2!

(Yes, I plan to take this to complaints, Exec, the ombudsman, even court - I don't care where.)

~leigh
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Early disconnect fee cannot be charged since 2019, @iamleigh - but the balance of the cost of your handset, if on a Refresh tariff (Device Plan) will be payable as explained here: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

And as for complaining, Resolver yields good results, about two-thirds the way down this page - https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

iamleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My handset was unlocked, my O2 contract only started because of the Virgin Media Volt deals, and according to my prior live chat logs, the 153 pounds taken was in fact an early disconnect fee. Thank you for giving me more evidence that this was wrongfully taken from my account, I shall keep this.

~leigh
Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

As per the guide:

1000005029.png

And if your handset was bought from Virgin Mobile on contract, that would be payable to Virgin, as the payment agreement does not move to O2 as far as I know.

The link just below this post gives you access to both VM and O2 resources, and your contract wording will explain the charges you could expect on early termination.

Glad to help, @iamleigh.

Message 4 of 6

iamleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My phone was bought on eBay, way before I even entered into the contract with Virgin/O2 simultaneously. I had my O2 contract for around a month, do not remember how long was left on it. I still find it absolutely disgusting to withhold my number and sabotage 2 medical arrangements until O2 found it convenient to raid my account and take whatever number they decided upon even after the length conversations I had with the management team.

~leigh
Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 37281 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Perhaps your MyO2, if still active, under "Recent Charges", will show a credit to offset the charge, viewable here: Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

Despicable nevertheless, but not unknown for O2, alas, @iamleigh.

Good luck with Resolver complaint.

Message 6 of 6