Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 outsourcing ALL telephone support

AlignedChaos
Level 9: Fired up
  • 77 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 14 Solutions

I've just read that O2 will be outsourcing all of their telephone support to Capita who run large off-shore call centres.

As a customer I'm quite worried as the telephone support was the best level of support.  The UK staff do/did an excellent job.

I also read that O2 4G won't have as good coverage as it's competitors because they were out bid on some of the 4G frequencies they needed.

This is a worrying time for O2 as a company and us as customers.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, I refuse on principle to work with non-UK call centres, if I'd known this in May, I wouldnt've signed up for another 2 year contract.

Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes things are changing with the 02 Network and is up for lots of discussion wether its a good or bad move.

Live Chat is manned by Non Uk CallCentres and have their issues.

We are told this service is receiving more training to be able to support customers in a better capacity.

Now its not just 02 who use Callcentres abroad because of costs to the business, but I do concur that Uk jobs should be protected.

The 02 Community Forum can assist members in many different ways, but when the issue rests with an account related problem we are unable to help.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be keeping my number with O2 up until near the time when they will be closing their UK call centers down.

Because I want to be able to call a UK call center if I ever have a issue with the phone service and the lack of proper 4G support is not too good either (I want to use 4G in the near future.) Personally, I have had my fill of foreign call centers, esp. Indian ones.

Message 4 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@AlignedChaos wrote:
I also read that O2 4G won't have as good coverage as it's competitors because they were out bid on some of the 4G frequencies they needed.

O2 should be in a good position with 4G as they have the best version for interior building penetration and are committed to 98% coverage of the UK.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 may have outsourced to Capita, but capita do have UK call centres, which have been answering customer service calls for many years, so don't think we all need to leave o2 just yet.

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Capita do have an off-shore call centre but they also have UK call centres where at the moment the majority of the staff are based.
Its not yet being confirmed that all UK call centres will be closed and moved abroad.

Plus changes apparently aren't being made till after 2015
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya

There is a lot of speculation at the moment however we have been told that Capita have no plans to outsource call centres abroad, yes there is one that may grow but otherwise the UK call centres will remain open and active, please dont worry about it at all.

hope it helps

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe as part of TUPE agreements (if this was involved) then the UK call centres would have to remain open for at least 2 years to ensure that the staff moving over to Capita remain employed.

But its been a long time since I looked into TUPE legislation and I havent kept up with exactly whats going on between O2 and Capita...so dont quote me!

Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

The TUPE and the 2 years are two seperate issues.

TUPE means my contract is secure as long as i choose not to change it.

The 2 years secures everyone who has TUPE'd across a job nothing more. 

Message 10 of 10