Did you mean: 

O2 lied to me ... again

Caslad19
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi everyone, 

Another problem yet again with O2. i got in Contact with the in app customer service as im getting the new iPhone on Saturday and wanted to know the process of changing over my eSim. they said i had to have a new esim and that coverage will remain until i activate the new esim. well they lied... i lost signal straight away and they have said i need to wait 24/48 hr for the order to process. what i dont understand is why the order needs to process i would of thought it would be an immediate order. im now lost in limbo with no usable phone the day before i pick up a new one. 

i have never experienced such poor customer service from a company before. 

when i first took out my contract it took them nearly 2 months to port my number from 3. 

any advice would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149101 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Caslad19 

Get an esim activated in store when you pick up your new phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Caslad19
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can i still do that even though my sim swap is still under processing 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149101 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Caslad19 

All depends if the system will allow it, but it's your only hope.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Caslad19
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

what is the best course of action if the system wont let them do. they have said i need to wait 24hr for the order to process but reading other issues people have had on here. its taken weeks for them to get sorted. 

Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7840 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1644 Solutions

I would say swap to plastic...O2 are poor at handling esims. 

However I read that also may not work while processing is going on.

The social media teams seem the best at handling things.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6