cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 in my village has virtually no signal after years of being the best

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Livechat were no use at all, neither was O2's inaccurate signal checker so I'm hoping to find out what has happened on this page, I hope someone cal help.

I live in Deddington Oxfordshire where for many years O2 was by far the best service provider available and as a result myself and dozens of other friends in the vilalge moved over to O2.

However for the last 12 months it has got progressively worse, not jsut for me but for everyone in our village with O2...so bad in fact that text messages often don't send at all or are delayed by 24 hours, our phones go straight to answerphone or they just don't work at all.

I thought for months my mobile was to blame until I spoke to everyone in our small community who all said the same thing - Our reception has virtually vanished (I could name 12 account users at least with the same problems) 

Many of us need our mobiles for work and this issue has cost me a lot of money in missed business calls and this service is currently unfit for sale, it barely works and only intermittenly when it does - All members of my family have stopped carrying their mobiles around with them becuase it's a waste of time...This isnlt good wnough if a whole viallge has an issue - What can we do to fix it and if there is no fix, what rights do we have to claim it unfit for sale and to close the accounts so we can move somewhere else?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Does the checker say that a mast is faulty? O2 may not be aware of it yet so maybe you need to report it then something might be done about it

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - No it says the signal is great and that masts are ok - this has been ongoing for over 12 months and is getting worse and worse - It is getting so bad I've had to email my customers apologising for my lack of phone coverage which is a shocking way to carry on

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the complaint link if you need it

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I wonder if a mast has been decommissioned?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You never know as it's been 12 months. I think the only way to find out is to make a complaint because I doubt customer service would know. 

Message 7 of 16

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Try using this.....it shouldn't display any bias

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link - the results give three green ticks which is most definitely not the case for everyone I know... :  All my friends in Deddington have complained but all we get is auto responses - Are we able to claim it unfit for purpose as we are now hearing that Vodafone is the only one that works well in our village...it used to definitely be O2 but not any more and they cannot even admit it or offer to help which is frustrating

My reply from O2 today said:

Just a quick update about your service issue.

We’ve been checking for faults in your area but haven’t been able to find any.

For handy tips to help you stay connected, visit http://o2.uk/WSQ0nT

Message 9 of 16

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Raise a complaint and keep pestering them until they send someone out to investigate. The more people that do so, the better.
You may be able to leave in certain circumstances but you have to go through the complaints process first anyway. http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 16