cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 cancellations and O2 complaints are shocking to deal with these days

Anonymous
Not applicable

After our iPhone 4 stopped working properly, I phoned o2 who wanted £240 to end the contract just to upgrade, then the upgrade price was £129 for a new iPhone 5, even though Carphone Warehouse are offering the same deal on the same contract for FREE and £80 cashback through quidco, why cant o2 just offer the deal and be done with it, keep a customer and be classed as a good provider??

We spoke to customer services, no joy, the chat team online just palmed us off saying they have no power to do anything and the complaints department actually said they can't comment on anything we said!!  USELESS customer service if you ask me.  

Remember, these companies will be the ones letting staff go and blaming the recession, when in reality they have only themselves to blame.  

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149369 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I want an upgrade, I can get a free iPhone with CPW and £80 cashback, but o2 can only offer £129 and nothing else, does this make them a good company?  No, it makes the greedy and profit hungry....  

Go get it from CPW then. They don't have the overheads of running a network nor as many people to employ/pay etc, so they can do deals on phone costs that O2 can't do and still make money out of it. You'll still be on the O2 network with an O2 contract so where you actually obtain the phone from is irrelevant.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Well you signed a contract for a set period.

If the iphone 4 is out of warranty and not damaged (in many pieces ) cheapest option is to get an out of warranty replacement from apple cost at an apple store for a swap on the spot is only £119.00 all info on this servive here http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone

If in warranty again go to apple.

You also can use any o2 phone with your contract just change the data bolton to non iphone if you do not use an iphone.

What is wrong with the iphone?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Well you signed a contract for a set period.

If the iphone 4 is out of warranty and not damaged (in many pieces ) cheapest option is to get an out of warranty replacement from apple cost at an apple store for a swap on the spot is only £119.00 all info on this servive here http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=iphone

If in warranty again go to apple.

You also can use any o2 phone with your contract just change the data bolton to non iphone if you do not use an iphone.

What is wrong with the iphone?

The phone is slow and has been reset, I am experience with dealing with iPhones and I know there is nothing actually wrong, just that it is slow and we want/need it to be fast, so an upgrade is the only option.  I am aware we signed a contract, but o2 would previously have given a small discount on paying the contract off early, this time they are not interested, and as I explained, the complaints procedure was awful, as they didn't help one bit. 

Message 3 of 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Ok

Then the decission is yours but who would buy an iphone 5 on o2 now as it will not support o2's band 20 800mhz 4g lte? When launched this summer and the 5s or 6 will? Now that the 4g promise has finished.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 149369 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Just because you don't get what you want doesn't make the company a bad one wink

Even I know iPhones aren't slow so you must either have a fault or are trying it on as an excuse to get a new phone.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
Just because you don't get what you want doesn't make the company a bad one wink

Even I know iPhones aren't slow so you must either have a fault or are trying it on as an excuse to get a new phone.....

Umm, no, o2 customer service is shocking.  

I own an iPhone 5, the 4 belongs to my wife, I know for a fact that the iPhone 4 is now slow with the latest 6.3 software and apps etc, there is no fault.  

I want an upgrade, I can get a free iPhone with CPW and £80 cashback, but o2 can only offer £129 and nothing else, does this make them a good company?  No, it makes the greedy and profit hungry....  

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Ok

Then the decission is yours but who would buy an iphone 5 on o2 now as it will not support o2's band 20 800mhz 4g lte? When launched this summer and the 5s or 6 will? Now that the 4g promise has finished.

3G is fast enough for most operations on a mobile phone these days, plus the rollout will not cover our area anyway, all we want is a reliable and functioning mobile phone.  It's not about having the latest and greatest. 

Message 7 of 14

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Ok

3G is fast enough for most operations on a mobile phone these days, plus the rollout will not cover our area anyway, all we want is a reliable and functioning mobile phone.  It's not about having the latest and greatest. 

o2 4g will cover 98% indoor by uk population by 2015 so why will it not cover you? If you get 2g or 3g now 4g will cover you (and 3g and 2g coverage will also be extended to 98% indoor at the same time) O2 took the 4g with the coverage obligation so if 98% indoor outdoor will be greater.

My mums 4 is fine on the latest ios 6.1.3 as are our 2 4s on our business contract

Apple Watch series 4

Message 8 of 14

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
This is a bit of a waste of time.

Just sell the phone and buy an iPhone 4S. There is not a huge amount of difference that and the 5.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 149369 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Go get it from CPW then. They don't have the overheads of running a network nor as many people to employ/pay etc, so they can do deals on phone costs that O2 can't do and still make money out of it. You'll still be on the O2 network with an O2 contract so where you actually obtain the phone from is irrelevant.

Message 10 of 14