cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 announces Samsung Galaxy S24 range with network-first 48-month contract option

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
18 REPLIES 18

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

Samsung are offering the watch 6 Bluetooth to everyone who pre-orders the S24 Ultra...  So should have no posts, unless people dont realise its Bluetooth only

When  buying on Refresh it is cheaper than buying outright (£30 more expensive then direct from Samsung).. and if you do want to do this, EE are more expensive than o2.. And why wuuld you buy a phone outright from a network, it baffles me..

Don't forget that these phones now get 7 years of updates, so if you only change phones every few years its ideal...

Just Samsung's Customer Care is a pile of poo now adays

My watch 6 took 5 minutes to setup with my contract, it really is it a lot simpler as it doesn't rely on Samsung Servers... 

Apple Watches talk to Apple Servers just like the iPhones to do some funky stuff with Apple such as register for iMessage...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 11 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

Don't forget that these phones now get 7 years of updates, so if you only change phones every few years its ideal...

@madasaf1sh 

I read about that a day or two ago. Great news for those who only change every few years, but also good for everyone as it should hopefully help to maintain trade-in and resale values. 👍

Message 12 of 19

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That is far too long to be in a credit agreement if you ask me, especially with the rate of technology expansion.

I think the o2 customer service has severely degraded over the last 2 years as it is. 

As far as smartwatches goes I would go for an independent option like garmin, fossil or fossil. Tag heuer if you are loaded.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 13 of 19

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@anticpated 

Have to agree, and I wear my Forerunner 955 more than I do the watch 6, as I cant be bothered charging every night..

And Fossil have pulled out of the Smart Watch market at the beginning of the year... 

I do love the Tag Smart Watch, but it is way out of my price range slight_smile 

48months for a laptop yep, phone no, unless on Switch Up, just to get the cheapest per month cost..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 14 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@anticpated 

The seven years of updates from Samsung and the length of the credit agreement are unconnected. I haven't seen any credit agreements for more than four years. 

Message 15 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

samstander
Level 1: Joiner
  • 32 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

By the time contract ends, this phone will be so out of date. Androids do not age as well as iphones. 

Message 18 of 19

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@samstander wrote:

By the time contract ends, this phone will be so out of date. Androids do not age as well as iphones. 

@samstander 

The fact that the S24 series is to have seven years of updates might increase their longevity. Of course, we'll have forgotten about this question in five, six or seven years' time ! 🤣   

Message 19 of 19