Did you mean: 

O2 and calls from Google Inc

jelockwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For the benefit of other O2 customers.

I have been an O2 customer for many, many years and used iPhones since they first launched.

I am able to make and receive calls generally without a problem to and from various countries, with one exception.

I am unable to receive calls from Google's US support centre in New York. Calls never ring on my phone and go directly to voicemail. Since I am using an iPhone I get the message via 'Visual Voicemail'. As Google do not give out return direct numbers I am unable to return these calls. There is a phone number listed but this is a switchboard number and they cannot forward me to an individual. I have fortunately been able to respond via email but as you can imagine being unable to receive potentially important calls from a huge organisation like Google is extremely inconvenient.

I am able to receive calls from Google's UK and Ireland offices but they are for all intents completely separate organisations performing different functions.

This issue is unlikely to affect your average retail customer but I am responsible for running companies IT and therefore have had to contact Google on several occasions.

I don't have this problem with any other foreign companies US or otherwise. I am however inclined to blame O2 over this issue which maybe supported based on a rambling response from their Guru when I first discussed this with O2 nearly a year ago.

I did have this problem happen again today so it is still an issue.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jelockwood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I now get the impression the same problem applies to receiving security calls from Lloyds Bank. These never ring on my O2 mobile.

Now I know these did use to work but don't seem to have for the last couple of years. The number is correctly entered in to my Lloys Bank details and remember it did use to work.

I must say that O2 is looking worse and worse as times go on. They are increasingly slow to adopt new technologies - they were almost last to implement WiFi calling for example. Their 4G coverage sucks big time and this is in London for Gods sake! Not a rural dark zone. I shudder to think how bad their 5G service will be.

Message 2 of 2