cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and My address

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I just want to know what i can do when someone else is using my address as correspondence with O2 ie i've had a bill posted to my address (WITH MY address on it so it's not a royal mail mistake by posting it through the wrong door) and O2 seemed very unconcerned by it. And said that they can't do anything! I find it hard to believe that they cant call the person up and ask!

I'm really concerned that it's going to effect my credit rating if is left unpaid and that it could be the start of identity theft.

Some advise would be helpful.

Many Thanks,
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
The best thing to do is post it back to o2 with not known at this address.

I would make a note of the name on the letter for future reference.

I would also think about getting my Credit rating file from one of the companies to ensure your address is not being fraudulantly used.

But do not open the post that is addressed to another person return it sealed as receieved with the wording above on.

It could be a genuine mistake by o2.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
Been awhile, keep calling O2 CS regarding this and they keep giving us the run around. I don't really want to even be with O2 at the moment because they have lied to me on a number of occasions. We still get the letters through i note them down, call O2 and send them back! Yet no one from the fraud department has ever called me, and depending on who i speak to they apparently haven't been notified, then they have, then they haven't. Getting really frustrated at we have just started getting the red letter through (O2 op asked me to open a letter to get a mobile number, wasn't on there just an account number), what next bailiffs! Any help, advise or phone number for the actual fraud department would be much appreciated

Many Thanks
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd advise calling back (not ideal I know) and if the agent won't confirm that the case has been passed to the fraud team, ask that the call be escalated to a manager.
The agent on the phone should be able to search for the account using the name and address on the letter or just the account number. Using your address isn't technically identity fraud, but if someone has given your address when they don't live their, it's fraud of some kind.
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think this has now been going on too long and you should definitely escalate this until you get it resolved. If you don't get satisfaction from a manager then it is your right to escalate it to his manager and so on until this matter is resolved. Do it now. Also write to :

complaintsreviewservice@o2.com

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

Keep on until there is a satisfactory conclusion and demand to see any information they have on you or your address. It is your right under the Data Protection Act. They have already breeched this Act by sending another person's account to you either in error or by that person's fraudulent actions.

I can't stress enough - Sort it now!!

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I finally got to a manager call back today after calling at 9.30 this morning and speaking to the most unhelpful woman. Apparently, this took him 5 mins to solve, he contacted the fraud team and their debt collector (The person claiming to live hadn't paid their last bill) and the manager(lovely guy) reassured me we would get no more letters (but allow 72hrs for the process to be 100% confirmed)

He also stressed the problem should have been sorted the first time i called way back in April. He said the operatives should have known how to deal with this and that all the operates regarding this issue will get feedback and placed back on a training course, how true this is don't know but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he also gave me his full name and ext number if we have any further problems to contact him personally. One way of sorting the problem out but it's a shame i had to call up 5 time for 30mins at a time and end up speaking to the manager! Stupid and p**s up in brewery springs to mind!

As to the amount of lies we were told i don't know which were true and which weren't, all i can say is i will find it hard to trust O2 CS again.

I'd like to say to everyone thank you for your advice and help. Much appreciated. Hopefull i'll never have to post anything bad on here again

Have a great weekend!
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
So glad you got it sorted Beth. Just such a shame that you have had weeks of unnecessary worry due to someones inability to follow correct procedure.
Best wishes
Message 7 of 7