cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Website is appalling

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with O2 for 18 months now and have just gone through a torturous upgrade process, which has gone wrong and I am still trying to sort out. The main issue for this post is the awful o2 website. It is very hard to log in at all and often very slow. It is not our computers as we have tried several times over the previous weeks with computers both at home and at work, windows and mac with the same results, frozen loading screens. Please sort it out, whilst it looks pretty, it does not do what it says on the tin. It is a horrible and frustrating experience that along with my upgrade issues is seriously making me thinking of cancelling and defecting to another provider. I have only registered on this forum in order to post this complaint as the contact us part of the website is just as bad and it takes forever to even get to the send us an email page.

Shocking performance for a telecoms giant!!!!!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Leave some feedback on the link below. The website is terrible. The more people who complain, the better!

http://www.o2.co.uk/abouto2/webfeedbackform
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ha!!

I did that, sent register and it gave me some guff about a black iphone!!!
Message 3 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know the website isn't perfect, but the two sections you mention work perfectly for me. I guess you are just incredibly unlucky.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
the site works perfectly for me too, never had any problems signing in.
Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
I have no problem signing in to my account, bluebook etc. but there are many links which don't work, many errors as posters in this forum will confirm, and the website is regularly down for maintenance.

Bluebook was offline for well over a week with saved items lost.

The shop site and 'my O2' can be unavailable at times in the evening.

Obtaining your PUK from the link often gives the error message that your phone isn't on the o2 network.

No doubt O2 will get it right eventually but until then, it can be very frustrating and time consuming.
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some of those things are actually not errors on the website.
My favourite one, which I've posted before, is the PUK. People read it and join the two sentences together. If you read them seperately (as they are written) then it makes perfect sense.
The only thing O2 could do is add another sentence "This doesn't mean we think you are on another network, merely that its one of the two possible reasons "
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
most of the time I'm trying to access the O2 website the following error appears:

The connection has timed out

The server at www.o2.co.uk is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

All other websites or internet connections work fine.

Update:
I just found out that for some reason I'm being blocked by O2 even being an O2 Broadband customer! How else could this be explained: I'm able to access the O2 website using an anonymizer, but when trying directly the above mentioned error appears. How crazy is that!?!
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

The silliest of all messages is the following

"Sorry. Our site is very popular at the moment.

Try again soon"

Especially if you have been having this same message for over a week a now and still unable to do the upgrade you want, while the hotline can't do it for you by phone and while the "live chat" is NEVER available

Message 10 of 14