cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Though I have always preferred the o2 network to the rest I'm becoming very close to changing myself and my family over to another.

after trying to get rid of o2 Travel for the past 3 years now once again today they have insisted that they have removed o2 Travel from my account ....once more( I got rid of it also last week) but apparently still it remained until today when I was dealt with by a very rude operator. Every time I go abroad I come back to a large bill, but only through them charging me every day for this Travel bolt on which runs out at £1.66 each day, and each day I maybe send two texts so I don't need o2 Travel, but they insist on putting it on...or not removing it...AGAIN. So another big bill, I read this morning how these phone companies are ripping folk off...now I can understand why. Never thought that o2 would be one of them...very disappointed.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144572 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions
You can check if it is active as a bolt on in your Myo2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
Some customers can also remove it there but if you can't you will need to keep chasing customer service.
It can take up to 24 hours to change though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144572 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions
You can check if it is active as a bolt on in your Myo2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
Some customers can also remove it there but if you can't you will need to keep chasing customer service.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I would use live chat on the complaint link. They removed mine for me straight away. My bolt ons now look like this in My O2 :

Screenshot_20**Personal info**-**Personal info**.png

Notice...standard rates in Europe....also covers me here where it's £4.99 per day.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 3 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10220 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions
By any chance have you followed the instructions here:

If you're already signed up for O2 Travel and feel it isn't the right service for your usage needs abroad, you can opt out at any time by texting NOTRAVEL to 23336 or you can remove the O2 Travel Bolt On in My O2.

Also have you upgraded recently, as when I did one of my lines they put it on without even asking...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

I have just checked this out. You can't remove bolt ons via My O2. You can only add them or view them.

Also looking at the info Toby sent us a few days ago there is no option to remove bolt ons via My O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 144572 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have just checked this out. You can't remove bolt ons via My O2. You can only add them or view them.

Also looking at the info Toby sent us a few days ago there is no option to remove bolt ons via My O2

Yet O2 state:

If you're already with O2, you can manage your Bolt Ons in My O2.

What is O2's definition of "manage"?

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/tariffs/bolt-ons

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Obviously view or add.? I think it's changed actually as I always thought you could remove.

Try it yourself Rich. I honestly can't remove any of mine.

Also as I said ...according to that list Toby sent us it only says View or Add

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144572 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27727 Solutions
Yeah, you are right.
You used to be able to (and I have done) but not now.
ps. Definition of "manage"
manage verb (CONTROL)​
:to be responsible for controlling or organizing someone or something, especially a business or employees:

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 123059 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

So now it's either ring O2 or text NoTravel.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I reported a couple of months ago that there was no option in My O2 to remove the travel bolt on which is why I used live chat, despite assurances that you could remove it yourself.

Message 10 of 12