Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive Zone in US - Calls Within US

cheesemason
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the US next week and I know my O2 Travel Inclusive Zone means I can use data and ring back the UK as part of my allowance, but will I be able to make calls to US numbers with my allowance (for if I want to ring restaurants for example). Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@cheesemason 

Yes, you will be able to call local numbers with the Travel Inclusive bolt on.

Enjoy your holiday 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23548 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3749 Solutions

@cheesemason Bear in mind that O2 throttle their data speeds in the US to 0.5MB, which means you can't do much of anything in the way of roaming, so if you're spending any length of time there, you might want to consider getting a Pay & Go sim from AT&T or T-Mobile while you're there. There are plenty of free WiFi hotspots everywhere, but you should run a VPN if you're going to use it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

cheesemason
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Do you know if 3 throttle? My wife got a Pay As You Go to use whilst there. 

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@cheesemason 

Not sure about 3. Your wife would need to ask them. Either way, as @Bambino said, most people who come to this forum are always advised to think about a local sim from the networks he mentioned.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93327 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Three Pay As You Go Roaming charges

If you're on New Pay As You Go, these rates might not reflect your charges. Check your specific price guide for more detailed info on your rates.

Calls and texts to the UK and using data in Go Roam destinations are included in your allowance.

United States is a Go Roam Around the World destination, so you won't be charged for using up to 12GB of data – it'll simply come out of your credit or Add-on allowance. Data use above this may be blocked for roaming until the next month.

If you've gone over your allowance in a Go Roam destination, you'll pay special lower roaming rates, letting you use your phone abroad at no extra cost, or you can buy an Add-on in My3.

Important information about roaming in this country!
3G will soon be unavailable in this destination for calls, texts and data. To continue to stay connected, you'll need a compatible device, with 4G Calling Abroad enabled.

Message 6 of 6